How to join Haringey libraries
It is free to join Haringey Libraries and you only need to join once to use all of the libraries. Anyone living in and outside of Haringey is welcome to join.
You can join online using the button below:
Alternatively you can join in person, visiting one of our nine libraries, following the steps below.
- Fill in the Library Membership form (PDF, 45KB) or pick one up from any Haringey Library
- Bring in two original forms of identity - one showing your proof of address (for instance, driving licence, utility bill or bank statement), and another with proof of signature (eg passport or bank card). All ID must be valid and dated within three months (see identification section below for more details)
- Simply hand in at your local library and start using the services.
We require two items of ID:
- one showing your name and address
- one showing your name and signature
Examples of what we will accept:
- Medical card
- Letter from doctor
- Passport or ID card
- Driving licence
- Electricity bill
- Gas bill
- Water bill
- Letter from utility company
- Bank statement
- Letter from your bank
- Letter from mortgage lender
- Tenancy agreement
- Letter from hospital
- Mortgage contract
- Letter from Job Centre Plus
- Other official letters
If you are an asylum seeker you need only provide one Home Office document containing your name and address.
If you are under 16, Section B on the front of the form must be completed and signed by your mother, father or your guardian.