- Location: Haringey Park, London N8 9JA (see map on location and how to get there)
- Telephone renewals: Tel: 020 8489 4560 (option 1)
- Contact libraries online: Make a general enquiry (eform)
- Opening Times
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9am to 7pm
- Wednesday 10am to 7pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 12 noon to 4pm
Discovery, the new Haringey Libraries online public access catalogue, is here!
Browse the library catalogue, view and book upcoming events, and manage your account and reading preferences, all in one place and on any PC, tablet or smartphone. A great new feature of Discovery is its constantly changing book recommendations based on what is popular in adult and children’s genres and your own preferences that you set in your account.
Search Reserve and Renew External link
Inside the library
Hornsey Library is a Grade II listed building and offers a variety of services and facilities in the heart of Crouch End. There are regular events for adults and children, including film showings, early years activities, and book readings by local and bestselling authors.
Permanent artwork includes the engraved Hornsey Window by Fred Mitchell and a bronze sculpture by Huxley-Jones. The Original Gallery is our premier commercial art gallery with exhibitions from established and emerging artists, and The Promenade Gallery offers an additional, highly visible commercial wall space, greeting visitors immediately at the first-floor level.
More inside the library:
- Free bookable computer access and free WiFi
- Printing, scanning and photocopying
- Regular film showings at the Silent Cinema - find out what films are on show using the events calender
- Immersive Space for Children
- Exhibition galleries and meeting rooms for hire
- Study spaces and Warm Welcome Network
- Reserve Stock Library
- Community and Youth Music Library
- Representatives' Surgeries
Community and Youth Music Library (CYM)
The CYM is one of the UK's most important sources of sets of musical scores.
Available for use by schools and amateur music groups, the stock covers standard orchestral and choral classical repertoire and a wide selection of concert band music. To access the catalogues just visit the CYM Library website (external link).
A national treasure, the CYM is one of the largest collections of music sets in the country. Owned by a charitable company, it was started over 100 years ago and is now located semi-permanently at Hornsey Library.
- The CYM is free to Haringey library users
- Open Tuesdays and Fridays, 11am to 6pm
- Visitors by prior arrangement
- Tel: 020 3602 5214
- Email: email@example.com (please note: this is not an email managed by library staff)
The following councillors hold regular surgeries at the library (click the links for details):
- Councillor Lester Buxton (Labour)
- Councillor Luke Cawley-Harrison (Liberal Democrat)
- Councillor Cressida Johnson (Labour)
Use our 'Find my Ward' postcode search to confirm who your councillor is.
How to get there and location
Nearest Tube Finsbury Park Station
Nearest Train Crouch Hill Station
Buses 41, 91, W3, W5, W7
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required