Borrowing and charges
COVID-19 update - book fines
We are introducing new charges from 17 May 2021 (please see details below) and will remove overdue charges for items that became overdue from 23 March 2020 until 16 May 2021.
We're working with our supplier to ensure that any overdue charges incorrectly applied are removed. If you believe that you have been incorrectly charged for overdue items, please speak to staff when you next visit the library or contact us on 020 8489 2700.
Customers will need to pay any charges incurred before 23 March 2020, in line with our normal fees and charges.
What we offer
- Library members can borrow books, eBooks and eAudiobooks, language courses free of charge
- There is a small charge for borrowing music CDs, audiobooks and DVDs
- An affordable and attractive Audio/Visual subscription offer
- Members may borrow up to 12 books/audiobooks, 8 CDs and 4 DVDs to a maximum of 24 items
- You may keep each item for 3 weeks (6 weeks for language courses)
- DVDs may only be borrowed for one week
- Loans are made to those who are able to visit our libraries personally
- There is also a Home Library Service for people who are unable to visit our libraries in person
Fees and charges
New charges from 17 May 2021
Library charges will change in all Haringey Libraries from 17 May 2021. We have introduced a comprehensive range of concessions for young people, over 65s and those in receipt of certain benefits and financial support.
Reservation charges are no longer applied to stock that is available in our catalogue, including if items are out on loan. Note: if a particular item is not in the catalogue, the administration fee will apply (see details below).
We are also introducing an affordable audio/visual subscription offer, where hire charges are not applied during the subscription period. Overdue fines apply.
Concessionary rates are for library members who are:
- 16 to 24 year old
- over 65
- in receipt of certain benefits and financial support, such as:
- job seekers allowance, housing benefit or Universal Credit
- employment and support allowance or pension credit
- disability living allowance, personal independence payment or with other verification of long-standing disability
|Description||Standard adult membership|
|Under 16s memberships|
Reservations (for items available in our catalogue)
Reservations on items Requested to Order (for items not available in our catalogue)
Overdue items (except DVDs/Blu-Rays)
|25p per item per day||15p per item per day||Free|
|Maximum charge per item (except DVDs/Blu-Rays)||£6||£3||Free|
|Audio/Visual Subscription||Annual £20|
Music CDs hire charge per item
|DVDs / Blu-Rays hire charge per item||N/A|
|Overdue DVDs/Blu-Rays||If DVDs and Blu-Ray are overdue, full hire charges will apply for every additional hire period stated up to maximum charge (see below). Also, see note on outstanding charges below.||N/A|
|Maximum charge per overdue DVDs/Blu-Rays||N/A|
|Spoken word (audiobooks)||£1||50p but free for Over 65s||Free|
Lost/stolen Library Card charge
|First replacement is free; £1 per replacement thereafter|
|Small ads||£3 per 3-week period|
|Printing and photocopying per side of sheet|
|Scan to email||5p per side of sheet per recipient|
The reservation charge is an administrative charge and is payable upon making the reservation. It is not a guarantee that an item can be supplied. We aim to fulfil the majority of requests but occasionally this is not possible, if so, you will be notified.
Please note: any charges that have been outstanding for 3 months or more will result in your account being blocked.
In order to start using your account again, you will need to clear the outstanding balance. If charges accumulate to £10 or more, your account will again be automatically blocked.