Preparing for your interview
- Read your application and the job description/candidate specification again to remind yourself what you have applied for
- Be clear about why you want the job and how you will be able to develop your skills
- Check the website for up to date information about the organisation
- Think about the kind of questions that you might be asked and have answers prepared for these
- If you are asked to do a test or a presentation as part of the interview, make sure you prepare as well as you can
- Make sure you know the address and how to get there, plan your journey and allow time for delays. Aim to arrive at least ten minutes before your scheduled interview time
- Dress smartly and appropriately for the job. Appearances matter and the first few seconds of meeting someone forms a strong impression
Page last updated:
31 July 2020
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required