Funding and Support
- Students who attend FE courses
- Non-designated courses students aged 18 plus
- Designated courses
- Educational Charities and Trusts
- There is an Access to Learning Fund available through Colleges funded by the Learning and Skills Council. Contact your college direct
- You can find information on the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund on the GOV.UK website (external link).
Learner Support Funds assist students who attend a school sixth form and are entitled to receive free school meals, an EMA or are disabled to purchase special equipment, books/materials or school field trips. Funding is limited and is on a first come basis, it is administered by the Local Authority. Telephone 020 8489 0000.
- See the Career Development Loans pages of the GOV.UK website (external link) for more information
- Students’ studying law should contact the Law Society for the availability of a bursary or sponsorship. Telephone 01527 504 433
Visit the Student Finance and Loans pages of the GOV.UK website (external link) for information about loans and grants that are available or by telephoning the Department for Education and Skills helpline on 0845 602 0583.
You can find out more from the Charities Digest, the Grants Register and the Directory of Grant Making Trusts. Most public libraries keep copies, but telephone first for availability.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required