Funding and Support
- Students who attend FE courses
- Non-designated courses students aged 18 plus
- Designated courses
- Educational Charities and Trusts
- There is an Access to Learning Fund available through Colleges funded by the Learning and Skills Council. Contact your college direct
- You can find information on the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund on the GOV.UK website (external link).
Learner Support Funds assist students who attend a school sixth form and are entitled to receive free school meals, an EMA or are disabled to purchase special equipment, books/materials or school field trips. Funding is limited and is on a first come basis, it is administered by the Local Authority. Telephone 020 8489 0000.
- See the Career Development Loans pages of the GOV.UK website (external link) for more information
- Students’ studying law should contact the Law Society for the availability of a bursary or sponsorship. Telephone 01527 504 433
Visit the Student Finance and Loans pages of the GOV.UK website (external link) for information about loans and grants that are available or by telephoning the Department for Education and Skills helpline on 0845 602 0583.
You can find out more from the Charities Digest, the Grants Register and the Directory of Grant Making Trusts. Most public libraries keep copies, but telephone first for availability.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required