We are determined to do as much as we can to support our residents and businesses through the Brexit transition - see Haringey Council and its supply chain after Brexit.
Haringey Employment and Skills Team
Need help finding work?
The Haringey Employment and Skills team (HEST) may be able to help you gain the skills, confidence and know-how to get the right job for you. Our advisors will meet with you on a regular one-to-one basis to work with you and help you with finding the right training or employment opportunities.
The Haringey Employment and Skills team are based in Wood Green and provide Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) focussed on supporting Haringey residents into employment. This IAG draws upon support and information services available within the borough that may assist residents overcome barriers to sustained employment.
Our services include:
- One-to-one Information, Advice and Guidance in returning to and remaining in work
- In-work support and careers advice for up to 12 months
- Employment support, advice and job brokerage
Your advisor will work with you to help understand and address your individual employment needs and overcome barriers in your job search and will:
- meet with you on a regular basis
- work with you to create a personalised action plan around your career and job goals
- assist you with identifying suitable job goals
- assist you with identifying your return to work benefits and help you apply for them
- provide information, advice and guidance around what other council services and support is available to you
- help with creating and updating your CV
- provide individual support with job search and completing application forms
- provide you with interview tips and techniques
- conduct mock interviews in preparation for job interviews
The Haringey Employment and Skills team are located at:
- The Junction
2nd Floor - Wood Green Library
You can either drop in between the hours of 9am and 5pm or call Sharon Bolton on 020 8489 2852 to book an appointment.
A set of service standards have been produced to provide information on what you can expect from the Haringey Employment and Skills Team and is available to view in the attached files section below, as is the Haringey Employment and Skills Team complaints procedure.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required