English for Speakers of Other Languages courses (ESOL)
ESOL courses help learners improve their language skills in order to enhance their employment opportunities or to help them access further education and training.
- Find out more about ESOL
Family Learning is free learning specifically for parents and carers taking place in schools and children’s centres. Some crèche places may be available for parents with pre-school children.
- Find out more about Family Learning
- Join a friendly class with mums, dads, grandparents and carers just like you!
- Help your children to learn English, maths and computers
- Find out what your children are learning at school
- Make friends and get new skills
- Get a free qualification and careers advice
- Free crèche may be available for children 1- 5 years old
Ask for details at reception, pick up a leaflet or call HALS Family Learning on 020 8489 4772 or email HALS@haringey.gov.uk
Community Learning Courses
HALS is committed to providing opportunities for life long learning for all adults in Haringey. We work closely with our community partners, schools and children’s centres to develop courses that are of interest to local residents, parents and communities.
Courses are mainly non-accredited and designed for personal enjoyment, well-being and in some cases for progressing to formal accredited programmes. You can choose from computing, family learning, parent and well-being toolkits.
We develop courses throughout the year in response to local interests and feedback from our partners, current and potential learners.
Access to Employment
Fully funded accredited courses for unemployed adults
A suite of courses offering employment pathways in Bookkeeping, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and Counselling. These courses are ideal for developing relevant skills and exploring your career options for further study and employment.
You can combine vocational courses with Maths, English and ICT courses to improve your job search opportunities and gain recognised Functional Skills qualifications.
HALS sub-contracts provision with many local Children’s Centres and Third Sector providers. Opportunities to sub-contract through the service are published on the Compete For website (external link).
- Download the Supply chain fee and charges policy 2017-18 (PDF, 96KB)
- Download the record of HALS sub contracted provision for 2015/16 (PDF, 62KB)
Please contact us for further information.
- Wood Green Learning Centre
Wood Green Library
- Tel 020 8489 2596/2523
- Email email@example.com
Also see the HALS programme page for enrolment and course details.
Keep informed and join our mailing list.