Unless otherwise stated, our courses and services are available to anyone who is aged 19 or older.
- talk with a course adviser and discuss your learning needs
- take an initial assessment to assess your current level and then enrol onto the appropriate level for you
- pay for your course on the Second floor of Wood Green Central Library
For most courses you will need to come and enrol in person, take an initial assessment, and speak to a tutor or an advisor to ensure that the course you are enrolling on is right for you.
To enrol, please book an initial assessment by contacting HALS reception on 020 8489 2596 / 2523 or come along to the second Floor at Wood Green Library, High Road, N22 6XD to:
- talk with an adviser and discuss your learning needs
- take an online initial assessment
- enrol and pay for your course
You can speak to a tutor or an advisor to ensure that the course you enrol on is right for you. To enrol onto the following courses: English, Maths, ESOL, Computers and Counselling - you will need to complete an initial assessment (English, Maths or ICT).
New HALS courses starting September, October and November 2019.
To enrol, book an initial assessment by contacting HALS Reception on 020 8489 2596. We have initial assessments and enrolments throughout August, up until Friday 23 August.
HALS will be closed from Monday 26 August to Monday 2 September. We will reopen for Advice and Enrolments from Tuesday 3 September.
- Download the HALS Course Guide Listing 2019/20 (PDF, 2MB)
To enrol for courses starting in September 2019 to July 2020, book an initial assessment by contacting us on 020 8489 2596 / 2523, or in person at the HALS Reception on the second Floor of Wood Green Library.
To enrol onto the following courses: English, Maths, ESOL, Computers and Counselling - you will need to complete an initial assessment (English, Maths or ICT).
Autumn Term 2019 - Advice, Initial Assessments and Enrolment Sessions
- Initial assessments are held at 10am, 2pm and 5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Tuesday 3 September - 10am-1pm | 2pm-4pm | 5pm-7pm
- Wednesday 4 September 2019 - 10am-1pm | 2pm-5pm
- Thursday 5 September 2019 - 10am-1pm | 2pm-4pm | 5pm-7pm
- Friday 6 September - 10am-1pm | 2pm-5pm
- Tuesday 10 September - 10am-1pm | 2pm-4pm | 5pm-7pm
- Wednesday 11 September 2019 - 10am-1pm | 2pm-5pm
- Thursday 12 September 2019 - 10am-1pm | 2pm-4pm | 5pm-7pm
- Friday 13 September - 10am-1pm | 2pm- 5pm
- Saturday 14 September - 10am-1pm
- Tuesday 11 September - 10am-12pm | 1.30pm-4pm | 5pm-7pm
- Wednesday 12 September 2019 - 10am-12 noon | 1.30pm-4pm
- Thursday 13 September - 10am-12 noon | 1.30pm-4pm | 5pm-7pm
- Friday 14 September - 10am-12 noon
If you are already on a course and you would like to enrol on to the next level, speak to your course tutor and they will give you a re–enrolment form.
Courses available include:
- Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Customer service
- ESOL (English for Speakers for Other Languages)
- Functional English and Maths
- Family learning
If you are attending a family learning course a free crèche may be available for children 1-5 years old.
To be a positive force in our community, enabling people to achieve their learning and employment goals.
HALS courses are offered at a variety of venues around the borough and at different times of the day and week. You have the opportunity to discuss your learning needs before, during or after attending a HALS course and you will be given support in order to find out what else you can do and progress onto.
Wood Green Learning Centre
2nd Floor, Wood Green Library
London N22 6XD
Tel 020 8489 2596 / 2523
Fax 020 8489 2551
Keep informed and join our mailing list: