Does my property need a selective licence?

Selective licensing applies to all privately rented homes let to a single household or two unrelated sharers in the following wards, regardless of their occupation or size:

  • Bounds Green
  • Bruce Castle
  • Harringay
  • Hermitage and Gardens
  • Noel Park
  • Northumberland Park
  • Seven Sisters
  • South Tottenham
  • St Ann's
  • Tottenham Central
  • Tottenham Hale
  • West Green
  • White Hart Lane
  • Woodside

Find out if an address requires a property licence

HMO property licence search form

Apply now

You can apply now for a property licence. To find out what you need to apply, read the selective licensing guidance page.

Contact us

If you have any questions about selective licensing or require help, please get in touch. You can email the property licensing team at

Back to top


Page last updated:

April 20, 2023