Affordable Energy Strategy 2020-2025
This five-year Affordable Energy Strategy replaces our previous Affordable Warmth Strategy.
This is in recognition that fuel poverty goes beyond cold homes and related health effects. We are seeing stronger evidence that the ability to adequately power household appliances, lighting and communication equipment can impact academic attainment, digital inclusion, access to employment opportunities and increase social isolation.
We also recognise that in a changing climate, there is a need to keep homes cool during periods of high temperatures as well as warm in winter. Which we are already seeing in new homes due to high levels of insulation alongside the inclusion of larger windows. The health impacts of these events can be significant, particularly for the young, older and disabled people, or those with a long-term illness.
Haringey’s Affordable Energy Strategy vision is:
- To reduce the number of households struggling to afford to adequately power their homes and improve the health and wellbeing of residents by:
- Improving the energy efficiency of housing and reducing overheating risks
- Connecting residents to support services and initiatives to overcome the many causes of fuel poverty, such as energy prices, low incomes and unemployment
This vision will be delivered by the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Increase the number of struggling households receiving energy advice and expand the support available to create a people-centred solution
- Objective 2: Improve housing energy performance to reduce fuel poverty, cold homes and overheating
- Objective 3: Maximise the funding and resources secured within Haringey to alleviate fuel poverty
Download the Affordable Energy Strategy 2020-2025 (PDF, 1MB).
- Fuel Poverty Officer
Housing, Regeneration and Planning
River Park House
225 High Road
- Tel 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required