Potential Affordable Housing Development
The Hillcrest Estate is just one of the sites the council is looking at as a potential location for much-needed affordable housing in the borough. During the course of 2014, various studies were undertaken to help determine the site’s suitability for development. Attached to this page are the reports from the surveys that have been completed. We’ll be adding more to this page as it becomes available.
- Notes of the Hillcrest Estate Public Meeting held on 18 September 2014 (PDF, 79KB)
- Presentation to Residents of the Hillcrest Estate on 18 September 2014 (PDF, 1MB)
Display Boards from the residents’ drop-in session and workshops – 9 December 2014
- Creating a vision for the Hillcrest Estate (PDF, 3MB)
- Constraints and opportunities (PDF, 432KB)
- Existing blocks design features (PDF, 1MB)
- Existing blocks general arrangement (PDF, 2MB)
- Heritage assets (PDF, 1MB)
- History and creation of Hillcrest (PDF, 1MB)
- Nature and wildlife (PDF, 1MB)
- Nature and wildlife - Preliminary ecological appraisal/Phase 1 habitat survey (PDF, 1MB)
- Open space (PDF, 1MB)
- Play (PDF, 1MB)
- Transport and car parking (PDF, 2MB)
- Trees - tree survey (PDF, 1MB)
- Urban context (PDF, 956KB)
There will be more opportunities to see and comment on these boards. Details to follow.
Please note: The boards were provided for the drop-in session and workshop with the residents of Hillcrest Estate on 9 December 2014. Drawings and maps are not to scale and were provided for consultation purposes only.
The contents of the boards must not be used as technical input and their accuracy must be checked with the consultants - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All images are used for illustration purposes only.
Surveys and reports
Drainage and Water
- Alexander House (PDF, 2MB)
- Cunningham House (PDF, 2MB)
- Dowding House (PDF, 2MB)
- Montgomery House (PDF, 2MB)
- Mountbatten House (PDF, 2MB)
- Tedder House (PDF, 2MB)
- Wavell House (PDF, 2MB)
- Thames Water Asset Location Search (PDF, 3MB)
Please note: elevation surveys were carried out on five of the buildings.
- Alexander House (PDF, 299KB)
- Dowding House (PDF, 601KB)
- Mountbatten House (PDF, 777KB)
- Tedder House (PDF, 217KB)
- Wavell House (PDF, 443KB)
Ground, Ecology etc
- Desk Study Report (PDF, 3MB)
- Environment Agency (PDF, 286KB)
- Estate Topographic Study (PDF, 3MB)
- Ground Engineering - Phase 2 (PDF, 2MB)
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PDF, 2MB)
- BT Openreach (PDF, 452KB)
- Haringey Council Network Management (PDF, 56KB)
- Linesearch - Utilities (PDF, 297KB)
- London Underground (PDF, 212KB)
- National Grid (PDF, 2MB)
- Plant Enquiry - Vodafone (PDF, 1MB)
- Utilities - maps (PDF, 2MB)
- Electricity survey document removed at the request of UK Power Networks
- Overview A1L (PDF, 1MB)
- E A1L (PDF, 775KB)
- NE A1L (PDF, 827KB)
- SE A1L (PDF, 809KB)
- SW A1L (PDF, 780KB)
- Tables (PDF, 127KB)
This survey is on-hold pending the outcome of the Local Plan adoption process.
- PRP Capacity Study and Density Review Report (PDF, 12MB) - please note: this is a large document and may take some time to download
Hillcrest Draft PRP report
This concept design study analyses the history and existing condition of the estate, identifies constraints and opportunities for potential development and introduces concept design options. This draft report has not been finalised or formally considered by the council, and no current decision has been made to progress any development on the estate. The Hillcrest Estate has been included in the council’s Local Plan – a planning document that sets out where development might happen in the future. As this is due for further consultation, any proposals for the Hillcrest Estate will be on hold until this process has finished.
- PRP Site Analysis and Concept (PDF, 20MB) - please note: this is a large document and may take some time to download. If you're experiencing difficulty downloading it please email email@example.com
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required