Private Sector Property Licensing
- This consultation has closed - thank you to everyone who took part
M.E.L. Research, an independent external agency has now analysed the feedback from the property licensing consultation.
You can download both the full consultation report and a summary version below.
Please note: some of the responses from members of the public have been redacted from the consultation report appendices, as they contain personal information. If you wish to view the complete report please contact email@example.com
- Private Sector Property Licensing results - full report (PDF, 8MB)
- Private Sector Property Licensing results - summary (PDF, 55KB)
- Response to Landlords Licensing Consultation 2018 (PDF, 107KB)
It is our intention to present the consultation results to Cabinet in October 2018 and to recommend the designation of:
- A borough wide Additional Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licensing scheme
- A selective licensing for non-HMO property within 29 Lower Super Output Areas (LSOA)
See our HMO licensing page if you wish to find out more information on HMO’s and our existing HMO Licensing schemes.
What we consulted on
The council was consulting on a proposal to introduce two new property licensing schemes. The consultation ran from 11 December 2017 until 5 March 2018.
The schemes have been designed to improve the condition of private rented homes, reduce anti-social behaviour and support landlords by providing guidance and support.
The proposal is to introduce:
- A borough wide Additional Licensing Scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- A Selective Licensing Scheme applying to all private rented properties in 29 defined areas across the borough
Please read the different types of property licensing guidance (PDF, 31KB) for information on different licensing schemes.
Is your property in one of the 29 Selective Licensing areas?
- search for your property in the list of addresses within the 29 Selective Licensing areas in a PDF (4.1MB) or spreadsheet (xlsx, 851KB) format
|HMOs included in the proposed Additional Licensing Scheme||24.26 KB|
|Proposed 29 Selective Licensing Areas||20.5 KB|
|Proposed Additional Licensing (HMO) Conditions||45.66 KB|
|Selective Licensing Conditions||46.14 KB|
|High level analysis of ASB, crime||2.34 MB|
|Maps of the 29 Selective Licensing Areas||5.28 MB|