At risk of becoming homeless
If you’re at risk of homelessness within the next 56 days contact the Homelessness Prevention Service
People can be threatened with homelessness for many reasons. The following pages provide advice depending on your circumstances:
- private tenant at risk of eviction/at the end of a tenancy
- facing eviction from family or friends
- suffering domestic violence
- experiencing a non-violent relationship breakdown
- leaving prison
- leaving care
- leaving hospital
- options for older people
- experiencing mental health issues or impairments
- ex-armed forces
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through advice, support and legal services.
- For more information visit the Shelter website (external link)
For further help
If you require further help or someone to speak to see our contact us page.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required