Insurance for council tenants

Insuring your home

As a resident, your furniture and personal belongings are not automatically insured against theft or damage. This means that if your possessions are destroyed by fire, for example, you will not be compensated for your loss unless you have home contents insurance.

To insure the contents of your home, you can use any insurance company you choose.

However, if you live on a large estate it can be hard to get contents insurance. To help, we have a special household contents insurance scheme for all our tenants and leaseholders (not just those living on estates). The scheme is run by the RSA Insurance Group (formerly Royal & Sun Alliance) and is only available to Haringey Council/Homes for Haringey tenants or leaseholders. 

If you wish to apply for home contents insurance through RSA Insurance, please complete the application form in the  Home Contents Insurance booklet (PDF, 231KB)

For general enquiries about the RSA Insurance scheme please contact them directly at: 

  • Website: 
  • Tel: 03456 718 172
  • Address: RSA, Uris Group, Quay Point, Lakeside Boulevard. Doncaster DN4 5PL

Making an insurance claim

If you believe that Homes for Haringey has caused damage to your contents and/or personal belongings, you can make an insurance claim against us.

If you would like to make an insurance claim against Homes for Haringey, please contact Haringey Council for an insurance claim form.

Haringey Council’s Risk and Insurance team will investigate insurance claims for residents who believe the cause of damage and negligence is due to Homes for Haringey.

The team will contact you directly if they need any more information.


Haringey Council
Risk and Insurance team
7th Floor, Alexandra House
10 Station Road
Wood Green N22 7TR


Tel: 020 8489 3710 or 020 8489 3610

Page last updated:

April 19, 2023