Right to review
You have a right to a review of some decisions made by the council in relation to your application, including Band placement decisions.
If we have written to and advised that you have been deferred or excluded from the Housing Register, you have a statutory right to request a review (see our allocation scheme for more details).
Those suspended from the Housing Register for unreasonable refusal of an offer of accommodation can also ask for a review.
You should make a review request within 21 days of the date of our letter. You must set out the reasons why you think our decision was wrong and provide any relevant evidence to support your view.
Your request should be:
- sent by post to
- Housing Needs
48 Station Road
London N22 7TY
- Housing Needs
- or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under Section 167 of the Housing Act 1996, the council is required to have and publish an allocation scheme that explains:
- how we let homes to people
- how we will offer choice to applicants
- how information will be provided and
- applicant's right to a review
The council is also required to ensure that the scheme gives reasonable preference to applicants who are:
- assessed and accepted as homeless under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996
- families with dependant children, or expecting a child
- occupying insanitary or overcrowded conditions
- needing to move on medical or welfare grounds with a need for settled accommodation
- needing to move to a particular locality in the district of the housing authority, where failure to meet that need would cause hardship to themselves or others
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required