Love in the Lockdown: online play with music
Local music group The Telling presents a brand new online play with music. Love in the Lockdown follows medieval musician Emilia (Rachael Stirling) and playwright Giovanni (Alec Newman) in the early stages of a relationship just before the first UK Lockdown in 2020. Over 3 months, they get closer over Zoom and work on a project inspired by the book The Decameron by Boccaccio which Giovanni reimagines by drawing out parallels with the COVID-19 pandemic, while Emilia and her ensemble, played by The Telling, plan the music.
Once released, each episode will be available to watch until 31 May 2021.
- Episode 1: Thursday 4 March, 2pm
- Episode 2: Friday 5 March, 6pm
- Episode 3: Tuesday 23 March, 8pm
- Episode 4: Wednesday 24 March, 5.15pm
- Episode 5: Thursday 15 April, 5pm
- Episode 6: Wednesday 5 May, 10am
- Episode 7: Thursday 13 May, 6pm
- Episode 8: Saturday 15 May, 11am
- Episode 9: Sunday 23 May, 7pm