Golden Lives - Online activities for older people
We will be delivering fun, interactive virtual activities targeting older people with a particular focus on people from BAME communities, as there is evidence that they are being disproportionately affected by COVID-19.
The service users can take part using their tablets, mobile phones or computers, in the comfort of their own home or residence, via digital platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Online coffee mornings to make social connections and alleviate isolation
- fun quizzes, games - sudoku, domino, board games
- arts and crafts such as photography workshops
- Personal Development:
- ESOL - informal/conversational English language lessons (1-2-1 and in groups)
- Advice and Advocacy:
- Development of an online service to ensure older people have financial support (e.g. personal budgets/direct payments, benefits and pensions)
- Health Development and Support:
- Exercise activities developed online in groups
We are also looking for volunteers to help run this project, and we are very interested to hear from those who speak languages such as Turkish, Somali, Greek, Urdu, French, Spanish, etc.
If interested, please contact Alice:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 020 8801 9224
- Mobile: 07448 549756