COVID-19: Increasing pressure on waste services means possible delays. We’re working hard to collect your waste and recycling, but if we miss a collection, please bear with us as we will collect it within 48 hours.
How to put your bins out
- As close to the collection time as possible – and take it back in as soon after collection as possible
- As close to the edge of your property as possible – and not on the highway
- Where our staff can reach them quickly and easily – not obstructed by cars, bikes or plants
- With the lids shut and any sacks securely tied
- With any sharp objects, like broken glass, wrapped in newspaper, and placed in the refuse, not recycling bin. Do not place in sacks.
- Without contaminating your bin – see our which bin? page if you’re not sure
See our assisted collections page if you need help putting your bins out.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required