In 2011 Haringey Council entered into a 14 year contract with Veolia to carry out street cleaning, recycling and rubbish collection in our borough.
Veolia’s performance is monitored through a number of targets, which are set in accordance with national guidelines from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).
For example, street cleaning is measured using guidance and methodology set by Defra’s National Indicator for Cleanliness (NI195). Random sections of streets are inspected and Veolia is given a percentage score of how many sections did not meet the required standard (the lower the percentage the better their performance).
In 2015-16 we set Veolia a target of:
- A litter score of no higher than 7% - RAG Status: Green
- A detritus score of no higher than 11% - RAG Status: Green
- Reported fly tips to be removed within 24 hours - RAG Status: Green
- A recycling rate of 38.7% - RAG Status: Red
- No more than 85 missed collections per 100,000 properties - RAG Status: Green
See our Priority 3: Clean and Safe page for an explanation of the RAG Status.
Download the performance data for each area:
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required