Bulky Waste Collections
We can collect large ‘bulky’ items – like old sofas or mattresses – from your home.
- The collection team starts work at 6.30am, so make sure items are presented by this time.
- Put your items out for collection in an accessible location. This should be inside your property boundary.
- Don’t leave your items in basements or areas that need to be accessed by steps.
- Any fabric items such as sofas or mattresses should be covered up.
- If you live in a block of flats, place your items by your bin store area, or where you would place your rubbish for collection.
|Bulky items we can collect||Bulky items we do NOT collect|
|Beds and bed frames||Carpets and rugs (not inside a tied bag)|
|Bedside cabinets||Car batteries|
|Bookcases||Computers – see the white goods section|
|Carpets and rugs inside a tied bag (must be less than 80 litres)||Construction waste, bricks, stonework, cement, paint, plasterboard|
|Chairs||Gas bottles and cylinders|
|Doors (no fire doors or metal doors)||Hazardous waste, chemicals or asbestos|
|Mattresses||Masonry and tiles|
|One-off collections of garden waste||Pianos (unless broken up)|
|Sofas and sofa beds||Rubble and soil|
|Tables||Tree trunks and thick branches|
|Waste from house renovations|
|White goods – like washing machines and refrigerators|
Contact Clearabee (external link) for free removal of white goods and computers (please note waste electrical and electronic equipment is also known as WEEE).
Examples of common white goods:
- Computers and monitors
- Tumble driers
- Washing machines
The cost is £20 for Veolia to collect up to 5 bulky items from your home.
Extra items cost £10 each. The total number of items we can collect is 10.
Book a bulky waste collection through the Veolia Haringey contact centre:
- Online: Book a bulky waste collection form (external link)
- Tel: 020 8885 7700
You can take a wide range of items to a recycling centre – find your nearest here.
Check our furniture reuse page to see if someone else could use your furniture.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required