Christmas Tree Recycling
This page will be updated each year to show specific arrangements.
Help to cut carbon emissions and protect our parkland. When it is time to get rid of your Christmas tree, remember that it can be recycled and the bark shavings used in council gardens.
We offer a number of ways to recycle your Christmas tree in Haringey, but before you use any of them please remember to remove all lights and decorations.
Kerbside property collection
We can collect your tree for free if you live in a kerbside property. Cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length 1 metre or 3 feet) and put it out with your normal collection. If you have a bin for garden waste collections you can place your cut-up tree in your bin ready for collection.
- It is essential that your tree is cut into smaller pieces, otherwise it cannot be collected
Western Road Reuse and Recycling Centre
Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centre in Wood Green - Western Road, N22 6UG - please remember that you have to book your visit to the recycling centre in advance (external link).
- Opening times: Monday to Sunday, 9am to 4pm (closed Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day)
Designated drop-off sites within Haringey Parks
Alternatively, you can take them to designated sites in the following parks - this service is only offered for 4 weeks after Christmas Day.
Please only drop off your Christmas trees at the designated site within the Park (marked with signage).
This service will be available at:
- Albert Recreation Ground - Bidwell Gardens entrance (near staff depot)
- Bruce Castle Park - Staff depot near Lordship Lane entrance
- Downhills Park - Downhills Park Road/Keston Road entrance
- Finsbury Park - Endymion Road entrance (on left of entry)
- Priory Park - Barrington Road entrance (staff yard on right)
The Gardens Residents Association (GRA) Community Garden
The Gardens Community Garden will also have a Christmas tree recycling point from Sunday 27 December 2020 until Sunday 17 January 2021 - open between 9am to 4pm only.
The Gardens Community Garden (GRA)
Doncaster Gardens (off Stanhope Gardens)
- The Gardens Community Garden - Google maps (external link)
- Remove all decorations and lights
- You can recycle your whole tree
- Doncaster Gardens tree recycling is for local residents use only and not for trade recycling use
- No other recycling takes place at this location
Westbury Banks Nature Reserve
- For Noel Park Big Local coverage area residents only (Noel Park neighbourhood)
- Last collection date will be 31 January 2021
The Friends of Westbury Banks Nature Reserve invite residents of Noel Park ward to donate and recycle their Christmas trees at the Nature Reserve. The reserve hosts green waste composters and needs to restock on compost for the year ahead.
Noel Park residents should email the Friends of Westbury Banks Nature Reserve on email@example.com to book a time slot for collection. You will receive a response within 48hours to confirm a collection date and your tree will be collected and taken to the nature reserve for processing.
If you would like to bring your Christmas tree to the nature reserve yourself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- This program starts on Monday 28 December 2020 and will end on 31 January 2021
- The nature reserve is not a recycling centre and only Christmas trees will be composted
- Please make sure you remove all decorations and lights
- For Noel Park Ward residents only
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required