COVID-19: Increasing pressure on waste services means possible delays. We’re working hard to collect your waste and recycling, but if we miss a collection, please bear with us as we will collect it within 48 hours.
Christmas Tree Recycling
This page will be updated each year to show specific arrangements.
Recycle your tree at Christmas
Help to cut carbon emissions and protect our parkland. When it is time to get rid of your Christmas tree, remember that it can be recycled and the bark shavings used in council gardens.
We offer a number of ways to recycle your Christmas tree in Haringey, but before you use any of them please remember to remove all lights and decorations.
- We can collect your tree for free if you live in a kerbside property. Cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length 1 metre or 3 feet) and put it out with your normal collection. If you have a bin for garden waste collections you can place your cut-up tree in your bin ready for collection
- It is essential that your tree is cut into smaller pieces, otherwise it cannot be collected
- Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centre in Wood Green - Western Road, N22 6UG
- Opening times: Monday to Sunday, 8.30am to 4pm (closed Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day)
Alternatively, you can take them to designated sites in the following parks - this service is only offered for four weeks after Christmas Day.
This service will be available at:
- Albert Recreation Ground
- Bruce Castle Park
- Down Lane Park
- Downhills Park
- Finsbury Park
- Priory Park
The Gardens Residents’ Association
Doncaster Gardens Community Garden (off Stanhope Road N4) will also have a Christmas tree recycling point from 28 December 2019 until 26 January 2020 - open between 9am to 4pm only.
- Remove all decorations and lights
- You can recycle your whole tree
- Doncaster Gardens tree recycling is for local residents use only and not for trade recycling use
- No other recycling takes place at this location