Christmas Tree Recycling
Recycle your tree at Christmas
Help to cut carbon emissions and protect our parkland. When it is time to get rid of your Christmas tree, remember that it can be recycled and the bark shavings used in council gardens.
We offer a number of ways to recycle your Christmas tree in Haringey, but before you use any of them please remember to remove all lights and decorations.
- If you live in a kerbside property, you can cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length 1 metre or 3 feet) and put it out with your normal collection
- It is essential that your tree is cut into smaller pieces, otherwise it cannot be collected
- Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centre in Wood Green - Western Road, N22 6UG
- Opening times: Monday to Sunday, 8.30am to 4pm (closed Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day)
Alternatively, you can take them to designated sites in certain parks - this is only offered for four weeks after Christmas Day.
This service will be available at:
- Albert Recreation Ground
- Down Lane Park
- Bruce Castle Park
- Downhills Park
- Priory Park
- Finsbury Park
The Gardens Community Garden
The Gardens Residents’ Association at Doncaster Gardens (off Stanhope Road N4) will also have a Christmas tree recycling point between 29 December 2018 and 27 January 2019, 9am to 4pm only
- Remove all decorations and lights
- You can recycle your whole tree
- This site is for local residents use only and not for trade recycling use
- No other recycling takes place at this location