Collection services | How you can help | Reuse and recycling centres | Useful links
Haringey and Veolia are working hard together to ensure that a range of waste collection services continue to be provided across the borough.
As is now the case across our society, coronavirus has had an impact within our workforce. Our staff are essential key workers and are doing their best, so please bear with us in these uniquely challenging times.
With many people now having to limit the amount of travelling they do and stay at home, we are seeing more waste produced at the kerbside and this is increasing pressure on waste services. You may, as a result, experience some disruption or delay to our collections but we will keep these to a minimum.
If your household waste, recycling or garden waste isn’t collected on the usual day, bear with us as we will aim to collect within 48 hours. We may be running slightly behind so there is no need to report it.
How you can help
To help us continue to empty your bins, there are many things you can do to help.
Disposing of waste
- Keep your distance to allow our staff to work and minimise risk of infection
- Please put your bins at the edge of your property
- Squash down bottles, pots, tubs, trays, boxes and cans to make the most of your recycling bin
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and/or are currently self-isolating, please ensure you double bag tissues and other waste, keep them in your property for 72 hours and then dispose of them into the waste bin
- Avoid leaving waste items around your bins
- Please do not fly-tip (dump rubbish) - it is a crime and you could be fined
- Avoid having any clear-outs which result in the need to dispose of bulky items
- If you have ordered any new products, please check with the supplier who may provide a service to take the old item(s) away
- Store bulky items inside your property until you can arrange a bulky item collection or other means of disposal
- Only buy what you really need during this time
Recycle as much as you can
- Try composting your food waste – it’s great for gardens!
- Recycled items can be stored at home if you rinse any food or product residue from it
- Get creative and save money by upcycling
Reuse and recycling centres (RRCs)
North London Waste Authority (NLWA) is now offering a limited service at Western Road Reuse and Recycling Centre - this service must be booked through the NLWA website.
You can book a slot using the online booking system (external link) that is now in place. Important: try using a different browser if the website fails to load.
Please do not turn up without an appointment as you will be turned away.
Social distancing restrictions will be in place at the centre to help keep visitors and staff safe.
Regular household waste and recycling collections are still running as normal, and our Bulky Items Collection Service is available for anyone needing to dispose of larger items, while adhering to the current movement restrictions.
Back to top
Useful external links
Back to top