Bulky waste collections
We can collect bulky items, such as sofas or mattresses, from your home. Make sure items are:
- ready for collection by 6.30am
- placed in an accessible location inside your property boundary
- not left in a basement or other area only accessible by steps
- covered, for fabric articles, such as sofas or mattresses
- placed by your bin area or where you place rubbish for collection, if you live in a block of flats
Council housing estate collections
If you live on a housing estate you can leave your items at a nearby collection point.
Bulky items we CAN collect
- Beds and bed frames
- Bedside cabinets
- Carpets and rugs inside a tied bag (must be less than 80 litres)
- Computers and monitors
- Doors (no fire doors or metal doors)
- One-off collections of garden waste
- Sofas and sofa beds
- Tumble driers
- Washing machines
Bulky items we DO NOT collect
- Carpets and rugs (not inside a tied bag)
- Car batteries
- Construction waste, bricks, stonework, cement, paint, plasterboard
- Gas bottles and cylinders
- Hazardous waste, chemicals or asbestos
- Masonry and tiles
- Pianos (unless broken up)
- Rubble and soil
- Tree trunks and thick branches
- Waste from house renovations
The cost is £20 for Veolia to collect up to 4 bulky items from your home.
Extra items cost £10 each. The total number of items we can collect is 10.
Book a bulky waste collection through the Veolia Haringey contact centre:
- Online: Book a bulky waste collection form (external link)
- Tel: 020 8885 7700
You can take a wide range of items to a recycling centre - find your nearest here.
Check our furniture reuse page to see if someone else could use your furniture.
You may also be able to take your items to one of the NLWA reuse and recycling centres (external link).
If you have any bulky items not covered by the services above, you can use LoveJunk (external link) - an online marketplace for the collection of bulky waste, furniture and appliances. It matches you to nearby licensed waste carriers and is free to use.