Bulky waste collections
We can collect large ‘bulky’ items – like old sofas or mattresses – from your home.
- The collection team starts work at 6.30am, so make sure items are presented by this time.
- Put your items out for collection in an accessible location. This should be inside your property boundary.
- Don’t leave your items in basements or areas that need to be accessed by steps.
- Any fabric items such as sofas or mattresses should be covered up.
- If you live in a block of flats, place your items by your bin store area, or where you would place your rubbish for collection.
Bulky items we CAN collect
- Beds and bed frames
- Bedside cabinets
- Carpets and rugs inside a tied bag (must be less than 80 litres)
- Doors (no fire doors or metal doors)
- One-off collections of garden waste
- Sofas and sofa beds
- White goods – like washing machines and refrigerators
Bulky items we DO NOT collect
- Carpets and rugs (not inside a tied bag)
- Car batteries
- Computers – see the white goods section
- Construction waste, bricks, stonework, cement, paint, plasterboard
- Gas bottles and cylinders
- Hazardous waste, chemicals or asbestos
- Masonry and tiles
- Pianos (unless broken up)
- Rubble and soil
- Tree trunks and thick branches
- Waste from house renovations
Contact Clearabee (external link) for free removal of white goods and computers (please note waste electrical and electronic equipment is also known as WEEE).
Examples of common white goods:
- Computers and monitors
- Tumble driers
- Washing machines
The cost is £20 for Veolia to collect up to 5 bulky items from your home.
Extra items cost £10 each. The total number of items we can collect is 10.
Book a bulky waste collection through the Veolia Haringey contact centre:
- Online: Book a bulky waste collection form (external link)
- Tel: 020 8885 7700
You can take a wide range of items to a recycling centre – find your nearest here.
Check our furniture reuse page to see if someone else could use your furniture.