How to put bins out
- Make sure your bins are ready for collection by 6am on your scheduled day, unless you have a timed collection
- Please make sure your bins are visible for crews within your property boundary, but not on the pavement
- We will collect your bins from your front garden/driveway, and then return them back
- If you have scaffolding in your front garden, please contact Veolia (external link) to get permission to place your bins for collection on the pavement for up to 6 weeks
- Only properties that do not have space at the front of their home within their property boundary, have permission to place their bins for collection on the pavement. We are currently looking into a permit system to make this easier and clearer for residents
- Wrap sharp objects, like broken glass, in newspaper
- Shut bin lids and tie up sacks
Check our which bin to use page if you aren't sure if something can go into your recycling bin.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required