Often the first sign of a moth problem will be damage to fabrics but there will usually be other indicators:
- Adult moths (often crawling rather than flying)
- Maggot-like larvae (moth caterpillars)
- The silken tubes or cases in which moth larvae live
- Pupae (silk cocoons) in which larvae turn into moths
Common clothes moth
- Adults 6-8mm with straw-coloured wings and no markings
- Larvae creamy white with a brown head and up to 10mm long
- The moth larvae make irregular holes in fabrics
Case-bearing clothes moth
- Found particularly with imported animal fabrics
- Adults 6mm long with a dark-buff colour and three faint spots
- Creamy-white larvae up to 10mm
- Makes more regular holes in fabric than common clothes moth
A full list of charges can be found in our Pest Control Charges page.
We are here to help and advise so if you are unsure about a pest problem or wish to arrange a treatment, please contact us. Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange a course of treatment via email. All information in regards to the treatment will be kept confidential.
- Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
- Tel 020 8489 1335
Pest Control Team
Level 1 North - River Park House
225 High Road
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required