Fixed Penalty Notices for littering, dog fouling and dumping rubbish
- This page is NOT for parking penalty notices. Visit the parking pages here for help with parking tickets.
- This page is for those who have received FPNs for littering, dog fouling and dumping rubbish only. See separate page for Coronavirus Restrictions Fixed Penalty Notices
- The penalty is set at £80 (for littering and dog fouling) and £400 for dumping rubbish.
- The penalty must be paid within 14 days.
- There is no discount for early payment.
If you pay the penalty, you cannot be convicted for the offence to which the Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) relates and no further action will be taken against you.
If the FPN is not paid, we will prosecute.
FPNs issued by Haringey Council - completed by hand, 4 digit reference number
- By phone between 9am and 5pm using a credit or debit card:
- 020 8489 1335
You can appeal to the council if you do not accept that you should pay any penalty or consider that you have not committed an offence. You must do so before the end of the 14 day period. We may cancel the FPN if there are grounds to believe that:
- the fine was issued incorrectly;
- there is insufficient evidence to proceed to court; or
- it would not be in the public interest to proceed against a defendant.
If we do not agree to cancel the FPN, we will proceed to prosecution if it is not paid. It will then be up to the Court to decide whether or not an offence was committed and whether or not any penalty should be imposed.
The financial penalty imposed by the courts can be up to £2,500.
To make an appeal/representation
For FPNs issued by Haringey Council (completed by hand with a 4 digit reference number)
- Appeal a Fixed Penalty Notice
- Appeal in writing to:
Level 1 North - River Park House
225 High Road
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required