No Junk Mail
The average North London household receives 18kg of junk mail a year! Reducing junk mail can also help prevent identity theft. See below for different ways to reduce the amount of unwanted mail you receive.
Get a ‘No Junk Mail' Sticker
Haringey Council has a free 'No Junk Mail' sticker available to help you reduce the unwanted mail you receive (this will not affect your delivery of Haringey People).
Royal Mail offers an "opt out" and Mail Preference Service which enables you to register to have your name and address removed from up to 95 percent of mailing lists.
- To order your sticker please email: Veolia Environmental Services at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact:
- Tel 08457 950 950
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Preference Service
- Tel 0845 703 4599
- Web MPS Online (external link)
Choose to receive your statements online - many utilities have made it simple to do this online. There are several advantages of online statements:
- they add to your identity security as you do not have to dispose of them
- they save space and de-clutter your house
- they reduce waste.
Visit your bank, gas or electricity supplier's website for more information.