Net zero-carbon Haringey
- Adoption of the Climate Change Action Plan
- Working together to reduce carbon emissions
- The Haringey Climate Forum
On 9 March 2021, Haringey's Cabinet voted unanimously to adopt the Haringey Climate Change Action Plan (CCAP).
The document sets out the roadmap for how the borough will become net zero-carbon by 2041.
- Haringey Climate Change Action Plan - March 2021 (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Haringey Climate Change Action Plan (Accessible Version) - March 2021 (PDF, 584KB)
We want to be a net zero-carbon council by 2027.
We aim to do this by:
- making energy efficiency retrofit measures to:
- core council operational buildings
- all transport-related activities
- removing carbon from frontline vehicles
- much more
This only represents less than 0.8% of the borough’s emissions.
To meet the target for Haringey to be net zero-carbon by 2041 as a borough, we all need to play our part.
We can only achieve this target if residents and businesses reduce their carbon emissions too.
The Haringey Climate Forum (formerly known as Haringey 40:20) aims to create positive change, in line with the climate emergency.
It works with the council and brings together:
- social enterprises
- community groups
Find out more:
The changes we make in our homes, gardens, workplaces and public spaces will make Haringey a better place to live and work. We can start creating the future we want to see right now.