Haringey Community Carbon Fund
As part of our Climate Change Action Plan, we will be funding local decarbonisation projects delivered by community groups based in the borough.
The Haringey Community Carbon Fund (HCCF) is part of a 4-year programme with a total pot of £300,000 available. There is a total of £90,000 available for the first year of funding (2022). This will be divided into different grant amounts of:
- A single large grant of up to £50,000
- Medium grants of up to £15,000
- Small grants of up to £3,000
- Micro grants of up to £500
Further funding will be available at the start of 2023, 2024 and 2025.
All community groups who want to apply for the small to large grants will be required to demonstrate that they are constituted, work for the public benefit, and are based in and/or predominantly active in Haringey. The eligibility criteria will differ based on the size of the grant that community groups are applying for.
Micro grants will be accessible to individuals or any community groups.
Bid applications will be scored on a range of criteria. More detail about this is set out in the brochure. Scoring criteria cover areas on carbon reduction, project delivery, budget, and community engagement.
- Applications for the first round of the HCCF are open from 31 October 2021 until 7 January 2022
Applications received after 11.59pm on 7 January will not be considered. Applications forms can be submitted through our online application form or can be downloaded and emailed to CarbonManagementTeam@haringey.gov.uk. Those applying for the micro grant of up to £500 should use the separate micro grant application form.
Applicants will be informed in March 2022 whether their bid has been accepted and how much funding they can expect to receive. Unsuccessful applicants will receive feedback on their applications and are encouraged to apply again in future rounds.
Please fully read the brochure and terms of agreement before applying.
Online Q and A events
If you would like support or clarification on the application process, please sign up for our Question and Answer Sessions on Eventbrite (external link), taking place on:
- Wednesday 17 November, 7pm (online)
- Wednesday 8 December, 7pm (online)
A meeting link will be shared with people who have signed up for the event.
You can download the relevant documents below to find out more about the bid and to prepare your application.
- Community Carbon Fund 2022-2025 brochure (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Community Carbon Fund application form - small, medium, large grants (Word, 113KB)
- Community Carbon Fund application form for micro grants (Word, 99KB)
- Community Carbon Fund Grant Agreement - draft (PDF, 748KB)
- Community Carbon Fund Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 719 KB)
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required