COVID-19 previous updates - 3 April
3 April 2020
Our team is on the ground at our food hub at Spurs Stadium, preparing and delivering emergency food packages to the people in our community that need it the most.
In the past week, more than 700 vital food parcels have been distributed from our food hubs at Spurs Stadium and Alexandra Palace!
Sunny, at Edible London, talks us through how it all works.
If you are a business able to support with immediate donations please contact email@example.com to arrange a pick up.
The response from the community has been fantastic - thank you.
The Government is urging residents to “act like you’ve got it, anyone can spread it.”
For those not classed as key workers, the advice remains to stay at home. Coronavirus is incredibly infectious, that’s why social distancing is so important. We need to work together to help flatten the curve and help reduce the spread.
In Haringey we are urging you to follow this advice, to save countless lives and protect the NHS.
- For further information see the Government's guidance on staying at home and away from others (external link)
We know as the weekend approaches, you may want to enjoy the good weather that’s been forecast.
Just a reminder that if you do go out, you should only be doing so for essentials such as food or medicine, for work, or to exercise (once daily).
It’s very important that you continue to adhere to the Government rules on social distancing when out in public, including our parks and open spaces.
At all times, you must:
- Stay at least two metres apart from anyone who isn’t from your household
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch by phone or via the internet and social media
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
- Only go to the park for your outdoor exercise once a day, but this has to be done either alone or with members of your household
We are asking all dog owners to keep their dogs on leads to help ensure they don’t inadvertently go within two metres of others. There’s more chance of that happening if your dog were to roam free.
We also request that - in line with the Government guidance on congregating in groups and meeting up with friends and family - you don’t have barbeques or picnics in our parks and open spaces.
- For further information, see the Government’s guidance on social distancing (external link)
Thank you for your understanding, help and support at this time.
- 2 April:
- 1 April:
- 31 March:
- 30 March:
- 29 March:
- 28 March:
- 27 March:
- 26 March:
- 25 March:
- 24 March:
- 23 March:
- 22 March:
- 21 March:
- 20 March:
- 19 March:
- 18 March:
- 17 March:
- 4 and 13 March: