COVID-19 previous updates - 13 April
13 April 2020
You can still give blood during the coronavirus pandemic - special measures have been put in place by the NHS, such as:
- Health and hygiene advice before you come to donate - via text, email or via the app
- A triage on arrival to ensure only donors who are well enter the donation area
- Set appointment times, to help maintain social distancing and reduce queuing
- Increased the space between the chairs - including those in waiting areas
Please do not donate if you feel unwell.
There’s an urgent need for donations from all backgrounds to ensure there is the right blood available for patients who need it. If you are an existing blood donor, please continue to donate.
Please help, if you can, it may save a life. There is more information from the NHS Blood team (external link) or you can call 0300 123 23 23.
The NHS and its staff are working round the clock to deal with the coronavirus outbreak. Because of this, there has been a change to NHS services as they prioritise time to care for those who have COVID-19.
They are asking the public to help by following advice and using NHS services in the right way.
- GP services: GP practices are focused on helping their patients who have COVID-19. If you need a GP appointment about another matter, you should stay at home and ring the practice in the first instance. Most appointments will be offered via telephone or online. As local practices are now working together to support each other, you may be given an appointment with a different doctor or practice to the one you usually see
- Hospitals: Hospitals are focused on treating people who have COVID-19. Do not go to hospital if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms. You should always use the 111 online service for advice (external link). If you cannot get online, telephone 111. Operations and surgery that are not clinically urgent or emergencies are being delayed as doctors and nurses need to focus on dealing with the pandemic. You should only call an ambulance in what you think is a life-threatening situation
To find out more, please visit the North Central London CCG website (external link).
- 12 April:
- 11 April:
- 10 April:
- 9 April:
- 8 April:
- 7 April:
- 6 April:
- 5 April:
- 4 April:
- 3 April:
- 2 April:
- 1 April:
- 31 March:
- 30 March:
- 29 March:
- 28 March:
- 27 March:
- 26 March:
- 25 March:
- 24 March:
- 23 March:
- 22 March:
- 21 March:
- 20 March:
- 19 March:
- 18 March:
- 17 March:
- 4 and 13 March:
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required