Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice: Council Services
Haringey is preparing for further impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and making sure that we continue to provide essential services to the public. Please see the list below for changes to specific services (do note this page will be updated regularly).
- Benefits and Council Tax
- Building Control
- Site visits are still taking place subject to conditions.
- Customer Services
- Domestic abuse
- If you or someone you know is worried about Domestic Abuse, the Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Team at Haringey Council is here to help.
- Energy bills
- Utilities support for vulnerable customers.
- Haringey Adult Learning Service (HALS)
- Online courses are now available.
- Haringey Works
- Events postponed. Contact the team via email email@example.com or call 020 8489 2969 | 020 8489 2852.
- Leisure Centres
- Leisure centres reopened on 29 March. Haringey has 4 leisure centres managed by Fusion Lifestyle.
Most Haringey libraries have now reopened, in line with the government's roadmap out of lockdown. See more details on the library services available during COVID-19.
- Museum and Archives
- See the latest information on our dedicated Using Parks Responsibly page
- Refuse and Recycling
- Updates on marriage, civil partnership and citizenship ceremonies. There are also new rules around death registrations, guidance for the care of the deceased (external link) and information on cremation and burial services (external link)
- All schools, colleges and other further education settings are open for face-to-face teaching during term time
- A range of resources is available to keep your children safe and support their wellbeing.
- Social care services
- Service changes made due to the pandemic.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Haringey case numbers
Haringey People Extra