Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice: Council Services
Haringey is preparing for further impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and making sure that we continue to provide essential services to the public. Please see list below for changes to specific services (do note this page will be updated regularly).
- Benefits and Council Tax
- Building Control
- Site visits are still taking place subject to conditions.
- Customer Services
- Domestic abuse
- If you or someone you know is worried about Domestic Abuse, the Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Team at Haringey Council is here to help.
- Energy bills
- Utilities support for vulnerable customers.
- Haringey Adult Learning Service (HALS)
- Online courses are now available.
- Haringey Works
- Events postponed. Contact the team via email email@example.com or call 020 8489 2969 | 020 8489 2852.
- Leisure Centres
- Leisure centres remain closed during National lockdown restrictions. Haringey has four leisure centres managed by Fusion Lifestyle.
- Only Wood Green and Marcus Garvey Libraries remain open during National lockdown, only for Click & Collect. Book fines currently suspended. See more details on the library services available during COVID-19.
- Under National lockdown non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure and entertainment premises must close. Those providing essentials goods and services can continue to open, such as supermarkets, petrol stations, electrical repair shops, banks, automated car wash, funeral directors and launderettes. See latest guidance for operating your business.
- Museum and Archives
- Bruce Castle Museum and the Search Room will be closed during National lockdown restrictions. However, we are providing daily mailouts, news updates and an online gallery. Sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See the latest information on our dedicated Using Parks Responsibly page.
- During National lockdown restrictions, restaurants, cafés (A3 uses) and pubs and bars (A4) may operate as ‘take-aways’. Planning service is contactable by phone 020 8489 5504 and email email@example.com
- Refuse and Recycling
- Updates on marriage, civil partnership and citizenship ceremonies. There are also new rules around death registrations, guidance for the care of the deceased (external link) and information on cremation and burial services (external link)
- Colleges, primary (reception onwards) and secondary schools will remain open only for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely until February half term. See more information on schools during the National lockdown (external link).
- A range of resources is available to keep your children safe and support their wellbeing.
- Social care services
- Service changes that have been made due to the pandemic.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Haringey case numbers
Haringey People Extra