Proof of Life for Foreign Pensions

If you are a Haringey resident who receives a pension from another country, we can provide you with a stamp on your ‘Proof of Life’ form to confirm your residency in the UK.

You'll need to make an appointment at one of our Customer Service Centres. 

What you will need to bring to your appointment

You will need to bring the following:

  • the ‘Proof of Life’ form you need us to authorise (this form is provided by your pensioner provider and not Haringey Council)
  • Photo ID - a valid passport, driver's licence, bus pass or other photo ID

You'll also need to bring one of the following to prove your address:

  • a utility bill dated no more than 3 months before the date of your appointment
  • a bank or building society statement or passbook dated no more than 1 month before the date of your appointment
  • a council tax bill dated no more than 1 year before the date of your appointment

Back to top

How we check your details

  • We provide proof of address by checking the electoral register against the address listed on your ‘Proof of Life’ form.
  • If the name on your ‘Proof of Life’ form is different from what's on the electoral register, you'll also need to prove your change of name (such as a marriage certificate).
  • If you're not a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen, you'll need to provide proof of address using a bank statement or utility bill. This is because your name will not appear on the electoral register.

Back to top

If you are unable to attend in person (third party attending)

If you are unable to attend in person due to COVID-19, shielding or ill-health, you can ask your partner or children to attend in your absence.

You must have signed the 'Proof of Life' form and provided them with an authorisation letter along with all the documents listed above. The letter of permission must contain the following information:

  • your details:
    • name
    • address
    • email address 
    • telephone number(s)
  • details of the person you're allowing to attend the appointment on your behalf:
    • name 
    • address 
    • email address 
    • telephone number(s)
    • relationship to you

Back to top

Book an appointment

Please book an appointment at one of our Customer Service Centres:

Marcus Garvey Customer Service CentreBook now

Wood Green Customer Service CentreBook now

Back to top


Page last updated:

February 6, 2023

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)