How to register for Council Tax
If you have recently moved into the borough or have recently changed address you will need to register for council tax. The easiest way to do this is online.
Do it Online
- You will need to click on 'Council Tax' and under the 'Tell us that you have moved home’ click on 'View change of address services’ and select which move option applies to you.
- You will be unable to register to view and mange your council tax account until you have completed this step and have been supplied with your council tax account number.
Download a registration form
If you do not register for council tax online you need to download a registration form (PDF, 36KB). Once you have completed the form, return it to:
Corporate and Customer Services | Revenues
P.O. Box 10505
Contacting the Council Tax office
So we can register your details quickly and accurately, you need to provide the following details:
- the property address
- your name and the names of anyone over 18 living in the property
- the date you rented / purchased the property
- the date you moved into the property
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required