Council Tax Energy Rebate - £150 payment
Please note that this scheme is now closed and all payments have been processed. We are unable to process any further payments that may not have been cashed in.
- you must be in Council Tax bands A to D
- you must be living in the property on 1 April 2022
- the property must be your sole or main residence
You can check which band your home is in via GOV.UK:
Households who do not pay Council Tax because they get full Council Tax support or some Council Tax exemptions also qualified.
Empty properties and second homes did not qualify.
If you don’t pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit, you should have received a voucher for £150 that you could cash at any Post Office.
Payment to your bank account
If you were unable to cash your voucher in at the Post Office, you had the option to have the money paid to your bank account.
Beware of scams
Residents are being urged to look out for scam calls related to the £150 energy rebate. Fraudsters are reportedly calling people to ask for bank details, pretending to be from the council, but please note that the council will never call you to ask for your bank details. If someone does ask you for any personal details such as bank details, hang up immediately.
Residents who pay their council tax by direct debit, received the payment into the account that is used to pay their Council Tax, therefore we do not require your bank details.
Residents who do not pay council tax by direct debit, received a Post Office voucher in the post.
The Discretionary Scheme was designed to support vulnerable people and individuals on low incomes, who pay Council Tax for properties in Bands E to H, or who do not pay Council Tax.
Payments were made as one-off grants of £150 to households eligible under the criteria set out below.
Eligible residents received a letter with more information, including a Post Office voucher that could be cashed in at any UK Post Office. Please note that you had 3 months to cash in the voucher from when you received the letter.
£150 payment was paid via Post Office voucher to residents who:
- Live in properties bands E-H and it’s their sole or main residence, and meet one of the following additional criteria:
- person is in receipt of Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS)
- person is a care leaver
- property is an exempt dwelling in the classes N, S, U, W
- property has a disability reduction
Where the liable person meets the base criteria and at least one element of the additional criteria set out above, they were automatically eligible for the £150 Discretionary Energy Payment, which was paid by cash voucher.
Find out more about the energy rebate scheme:
- Government support for energy bills and the cost of living - factsheets (external link)
- Council Tax rebate: factsheet (external link)
- Haringey, Here to Help - help and support including benefits and financial help, employment, housing and mental health
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme - a scheme that can help residents on low incomes with Council Tax costs
- Haringey Support Fund - a scheme that can help with the costs of basic living needs such as food, and gas and electricity reconnection
- Helping you stay warm - help and support available to help with the rising costs of energy and utility bills
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required