Letter of Authorisation
Permission to discuss your Council Tax or Housing Benefit matters with someone else
If you have an enquiry about Council Tax or Housing Benefit matters, there are a number of ways you can contact us (see contact us about Council Tax and contact us about Housing Benefits sections).
If you would like somebody else to contact us on your behalf, you will need to confirm that you give that person permission to contact us before we can discuss your matters with them.
To give somebody permission to contact us on your behalf, you must either download and fill in the Letter of Authorisation (PDF, 81KB) or write to us with the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number(s)
- The reference/account/claim number of the account you allow them to discuss e.g. Council Tax number, Benefit claim number
Details of the person you're allowing to contact us on your behalf:
- Their name
- Their address
- Their email address
- Their telephone number(s)
- Their relationship to you
Sending your authorisation to us
- Scan or take a photo of your signed and completed form or letter and upload it to our online contact form (see helpful information on uploading files to send us online).
- or print, sign and date the letter and return it to us at:
Corporate and Customer Services
PO Box 10505
London N22 7WJ
If you wish to withdraw your permission at any time, you will need to do so in writing using the online contact form.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required