Wood Green Customer Service Centre
- 187-197A High Road
Access face-to-face services
- Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday, 10am to 5pm
Appointments - all you need to know
Residents are able to attend our Customer Service Centres without an appointment, but we recommend that an appointment is made
I need to make an appointment
When making an appointment please make sure a valid phone number is provided so we can let you know about any changes to your appointment.
Please book an appointment online or by phone.
- Call us on 020 8489 2280
Residents with no access to Internet or an electronic device
We can assist residents who do not have access to Internet or an electronic device to use our online services. We can provide application forms and order forms for parking permits and visitor permits, and we are able to help you complete these if required.
Visitor permits cannot be printed at the customer service centre, but will be sent to you in the post when forms are completed and payment has been made.
This can take 10 working days.
What we can do
- We are able to offer residents assistance on the PCs in the service centre who wish to apply for online residents and visitor permits. You will need to bring:
- vehicle ownership documents, this is the V5c or New Keepers Slip and Bill of Sale
- a current email address
- proof of address
- a form of payment
- evidence of concessionary status if applicable
- We will help you to register for and purchase virtual permits and visitor permits.
- We can also assist residents who are unable to access the internet and provide application forms and order forms for resident permits and visitor permits and are able to help with the completion of these forms, if required. Paper visitor vouchers are pre-printed and sequential and are stored securely offsite, these will be posted out to you or can be collected from Wood Green Customer Services at an agreed date and time. We cannot offer a same day service.
- We accept paper permits for refund; you will need to bring your paper permit with you; refunds are per full unexpired month and subject to an administration fee of £20.
What we cannot do
- We cannot issue paper visitor permits on the same day
- We cannot assist with PCNs
- We cannot print visitors vouchers from the service centres as this system is no longer exists.
- We cannot print paper resident permits as this system no longer exists and all resident permits are virtual.
- The paper visitor vouchers issued from the previous system cannot be exchanged or refunded and once expired cannot be used.
Paper CPZ visitor voucher permits
Whilst most people can easily use the new virtual permit service, those who are not able to use council services online can still apply for and use paper visitor permits. You will be able to buy up to 5 books of hourly visitor permits, and/or up to 5 books of daily visitor permits per application.
Applying for paper visitor permits
You can obtain a paper visitor permit application form at the Wood Green or Marcus Garvey Customer Service Centre.
You will need to complete the paper application form and post it with your supporting documentation and your chosen payment method to the address shown on the form.
Estate permits and vouchers
- You need to apply online via our housing pages.
- If you require assistance, please make an appointment online or by calling 020 8489 2280.
- We can print resident Estate permits in both service centres; please make an appointment
- We can provide pre-printed Estate visitor vouchers in both service centres, please make an appointment
Windrush Compensation Scheme
Please note the Customer Service Centre does not deal with Windrush Compensation Scheme enquiries. These are dealt with separately at Marcus Garvey, Wood Green and Hornsey library by appointment only. You can book an appointment by phoning 0800 678 1925 or by sending an email to: WindrushCompensationScheme@homeoffice.gov.uk
Planning your visit to the centre
This centre is busy on Mondays. Please try to visit between Tuesday and Friday if possible. If you do need to visit our centre, you should aim to arrive before 3.30pm. If we are very busy and you arrive after 3.30pm we cannot guarantee you will be seen. If the centre is busy you will be asked to return and given an appointment - date and time to return.
- Disabled access - the centre is fully accessible by the disabled and there we provide a hearing loop. Currently, disabled toilets are available in Wood Green Mall close to the Wood Green Library entrance. Disabled users with Blue Badges can park in the streets close to the centre.
- Hearing-impaired users - access to British Sign Language interpreters can be arranged at our information point. Please note: it is likely that an appointment can be arranged within four weeks - this is due to a national shortage of British Sign Language interpreters.
- Users whose first language is not English - you should arrange for a friend or family member who can speak English to come to the centre with you. You need to be with them as we need your permission to speak with them about you.
- Arriving by bus - Bus routes 29, 67, 121, 123, 141, 144, 184, 221, 230, 232, 243, 329, W3 and W4 pass close by.
- Arriving by tube - The nearest tube is Wood Green Station on the Piccadilly Line.
- Arriving by train - The nearest National Rail station is Alexandra Palace Station.
- Car parking - Wood Green is within the Wood Green Controlled Parking Zone. Some pay bays are available in the area but centre visitors are advised to use the public car parking in the Wood Green Shopping City.
Remember you can do a wide range of transactions online using any device:
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required