Accessibility statement for the Planning and Building Control portal and Public Register website
This accessibility statement applies to the Planning and Building Control portal and the Public Register website (not the main Haringey Council website – we have a separate accessibility statement for www.haringey.gov.uk here). Other Haringey sites we link to will have their own accessibility statements.
- How accessible are the websites
- Feedback and contact information
- Technical information about the accessibility of the websites
- What we're doing to improve accessibility
- Preparation of this accessibility statement
We want as many people as possible to be able to use these web pages without difficulty. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using your browser
- zoom in up to 400% without horizontal scrolling
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
Most of these websites should be accessible, however there are some known issues with the use of form labels and file download links. See the full non-compliance list below.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please see our Translation and Interpreting page.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of the websites. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (external link).
Haringey Council is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The websites are partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (external link) AA standard, due to the following ‘the non-compliances' listed below.
We are aware of the following issues for each site.
Planning and Building Control portal:
- A form control does not have a corresponding label. This fails WCAG 1.1.1 (non-text content), WCAG 1.3.1 (info and relationships), WCAG 2.4.6 (headings and labels) and WCAG 3.3.2 (labels and instructions)
Public Register website:
- Links to download files use the same link text, so screen reader users are not able to differentiate between files. This fails 2.4.4 (link purpose in context)
We have raised these points with our software supplier and hope to have fixed them soon.
In the meantime, you can contact email@example.com if you cannot find the information you’re looking for.
- Some PDF files are not ‘tagged’, have no set title, and are missing text and/or not logically set out. These documents are not produced by the council and form part of planning applications submitted to us. These issues are being raised with those submitting the documents to the council, but we cannot always guarantee accessibility.
We plan to identify and fix the above issues according to the timescales shown above.
This statement was first prepared in November 2022.
The statement was prepared following a manual WCAG 2.1 accessibility audit of the website pages using Google Chrome and the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (external link).
Initial tests were carried out in August 2022. Fixes were implemented and the pages were re-tested and passed in January 2023.
This statement was last updated in February 2023.
Next full review date: November 2023.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.