Accessibility statement for Haringey Garden Waste form (hosted by Veolia)
This accessibility statement applies to the Veolia hosted Garden Waste form (not the main website - we have a separate accessibility statement for www.haringey.gov.uk here). Other Haringey sites we link to will have their own accessibility statements.
- How accessible this website is
- Feedback and contact information
- Technical information about this website’s accessibility
- What we’re doing to improve accessibility
- Preparation of this accessibility statement
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser functionality
- zoom in up to 400% without horizontal scrolling
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
The BBC has advice on making your device easier to use (external link) if you have a disability.
There are a number of known issues with the form which affect accessibility, including:
- Missing Form Labels
- Very low colour contrast
- Language missing or invalid
- Link text which does not make sense when read out of context
See full non-compliance list below.
If you cannot use the form then please phone Veolia on 020 8885 7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this service.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this form. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (external link).
Haringey Council is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (external link) AA standard, due to the following ‘the non-compliances’ listed below.
Based on an automated accessibility check only we are aware that for this form there are the following issues:
Missing Form Labels – this affects:
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A)
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (Level A)
- 2.4.6 Headings and Labels (Level AA)
- 3.3.2 Labels or Instructions (Level A)
Contrast Errors - Very low contrast – this affects:
- 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA)
Language missing or invalid – this affects:
- 3.1.1 Language of Page (Level A)
Link text – this affects
- 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context) (Level A)
We have made the supplier aware of these issues and will address them over the coming months - estimated completion date December 2020.
We plan to identify and fix the issues with the e-forms according to the timescales shown above.
This statement was first prepared on 23 September 2020.
This statement was last updated on 23 September 2020.
This form was tested by Haringey Council's in house team using automated tools on 9 September 2020.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required