Help for businesses
The Cost of Living crisis is creating challenges for businesses, families and communities. The rising costs of food, fuel and energy bills are making trading conditions difficult for local businesses.
Haringey Council is committed to supporting the local business community through these tough times. If you need help, support or advice please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a resident in Haringey and need help, please visit our 'Haringey, here to help' pages to see what support is available.
- Energy bills, rates relief and loan schemes
- Cost of living and financial advice
- Haringey Council's business support initiatives
- Haringey Business Bulletin
- Support to grow your business
- Further business advice
- Contact us
Energy Bill Relief Scheme: Help for businesses and other non-domestic customers
Find out about the Energy Bill Relief Scheme (external link) for non-domestic customers and how you can get support this winter.
Place Support Partnership (external link), who delivered the council's Cost Savings Programme earlier this year, have put together some information that outlines the key points of the government’s Energy Bill Relief Scheme.
If you cannot pay your tax bill on time
Contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) as soon as possible if you:
- have missed a tax deadline
- know you will not be able to pay a tax bill on time
Business Rates Relief
If your business activity is centred around in-person retail, hospitality and leisure services, you could be eligible for Business Rates Relief (external link) across the financial year to April 2023.
- Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS)
The British Business Bank Recovery Loan Scheme (external link) is available for businesses through a number of British Business Bank accredited lenders across the UK.
- Productive Valley Fund
The Productive Valley Fund (PVF) (external link) is a new £2.7 million flexible loan fund to support industry-led growth and celebrate local production and enterprise in the Upper Lee Valley.
- British Business Bank - Advice on tackling the cost of living (external link)
- Small business energy grants guide by Ofgem (external link) – a guide that will help you find small business energy grants, schemes and advice to lower your carbon emissions and get more efficient with your commercial energy use. This can help you save money and become more environmentally friendly.
- Business Debtline (external link) – a charity providing free and independent debt advice over the phone and online.
- Money Advice Trust (external link) – free debt advice service for small business owners and people who are self-employed.
- London Business Hub Wayfinder (external link) – whether you are looking to start, sustain or grow your business, the London Business Hub and their network of partners can help. Also read their London Cost of Doing Business Hub (external link) and their Property Advice Service (external link).
- Cost of Living Action Plan for businesses - Business in the Community (BITC) (PDF - external link)
- Haringey Business Support Programme - free business advice and support for businesses based in Tottenham, Wood Green, Turnpike Lane, Green Lanes and Myddleton Road.
- Haringey Global Entrepreneurship Week 2022 - every year in November, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) aims to promote originality, creativity and ingenuity through local and global business support networks and activities.
- BuyHaringey - a new online marketplace (website and mobile app) that offers businesses the opportunity to promote and sell goods, services and events for free to Haringey residents.
- Live. Shop. Local - running since autumn 2020, this campaign encourages people to return safely and shop on their local high streets.
- Businesses and Brexit - the information on this page is aimed at helping businesses through the Brexit transition now that the UK has left the EU.
- Download the Haringey Workspace Providers List (PDF, 5MB) - see a comprehensive list of work spaces in the borough.
- Tottenham Creative Sparks (external link) - a 12-month programme for creative and socially minded early-stage entrepreneurs from the Tottenham area. It will offer free and subsidised workspace, alongside a programme of business support from industry experts to help local entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
Stay in the know!
Haringey Business Bulletin is a regular e-newsletter from Haringey Council which includes the latest support, updates, and events for the local business community detailing both council business support programmes and support from external providers.
The Business Spotlight is a new feature for the Haringey Business Bulletin. This feature will hero businesses across the borough who have worked with the council, benefitted from one of the council’s support programmes or have done something positive in the community/supported Haringey. If you are interested in being featured in the Business Spotlight either in an article or even a short video clip, please email email@example.com
Tell us your experience of taking part in the programmes we deliver, or where your business has done something positive in the community, in order to inspire and encourage other businesses to be involved so they too can reap the benefits.
- Haringey Learns - career development workshops/courses to support residents that have a range of barriers that make it harder for them to get into work
- Haringey Works - a recruitment service aimed at working with businesses in and around Haringey that are looking for candidates from all walks of life. We work closely with you to understand your recruitment needs and provide a fully comprehensive service free of charge.
- Apprenticeships for SMEs in Haringey - London Progression Corporation presentation (PDF, 424KB) - the council has partnered with London Progression Collaboration (LPC)(external link) providing support to businesses on accessing funding and creating new apprenticeship opportunities. For more information, email Akofala Caliph, Principal Employment and Skills Officer: Akofala.Caliph@haringey.gov.uk
- MadebyTottenham (external link) - a directory that aims to bring together creative professionals to generate opportunities and raise profiles within the industry.
- Federation of Small Businesses Membership (external link) - we have recently been allocated funding to extend our programme of support to fully subsidise free, one-year memberships to the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for businesses based on Industrial Estates in Haringey.
The FSB is the leading business representative organisation for small businesses and the membership offers products, services, advice and information, as well as resources and tools to help you grow your business and save money.
- ReLondon (external link) - a partnership of the Mayor of London and the London boroughs to improve waste and resource management and transform the city into a leading low carbon circular economy.
- Net Zero Business Support (external link) - the cost of living crisis has highlighted the need for businesses to be more energy efficient. Sustainable Ventures is offering up to four hours of free business support and training for small businesses on their Net Zero Readiness Strategies.
- Better Futures (external link) - free expert advice and up to £7,000 of support to take your business to the next level.
- The Bridge Renewal Trust (external link) - their main purpose is to deliver practical ways that people can live healthier and fulfilling lives – thus working towards reducing health inequalities and building stronger communities.
For further information and support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org