We are working with local groups to support a coordinated approach to people fleeing Ukraine and neighbouring countries by providing support and preparing for people arriving in the borough.
The Leader of Haringey Council, Cllr Peray Ahmet, brought a meeting of Eastern European and Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) groups together on Thursday 3 March alongside Chief Executive, Andy Donald, to have a conversation about the needs among people in Ukraine, Ukrainian refugees and neighbouring countries.
We have worked to create a local response by:
- Giving our residents a chance to become sponsors and offer a space in their home
- Reviewing registrations for Homes for Ukraine sponsors as part of the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
- Creating bespoke guidance documents for arriving Ukrainian residents – this will include guidance on life in our borough as well as advice on applying for a job or a school place
- Working to establish Ukrainian Support Networks through meeting with the VCS groups to support the response
- Setting up a multi-disciplinary team to co-ordinate our response
We will continue to develop and update this web page with all the relevant information.
If you have any queries or questions relating to the Homes for Ukraine scheme, please email email@example.com
Back to top