Inspire, Explore, Prepare Framework
A Careers Education Framework to get students to start thinking about themselves and their futures, particularly in relation to Haringey and the opportunities that it offers.
- Lesson 1 - Imagine My Future (PDF, 418KB)
A workshop where students create a personal dream board using pictures, words, quotes and images to imagine their future. They then use this to identify the things that are most important to them, what might prevent them achieving their dreams and how they can overcome the barriers.
- Lesson 2 - Map my Dream (PDF, 368KB)
A workshop where students think about role models and their attributes and think about how they can use these role models
- Lesson 3 - Haringey on the Map (PDF, 368KB)
A session looking positively at Haringey, the place, its people, its future. Start to think of themselves as part of its future
- Lesson 4 - A World of Jobs (PDF, 288KB)
A workshop activity where students are introduced to idea of Job Family and look at unusual and new and emerging jobs
- Lesson 5 - My Street, My Town, My Region (PDF, 366KB)
A workshop where students begin to think about what the Job Market looks like locally and regionally
- Lesson 6 - 360 Degree View (PDF, 384KB)
A session where students use their networks to start to develop a “brag bag” of activities
- Lesson 7 - Jobs in the Future (PDF, 380KB)
A workshop where students consider how existing jobs are changing, new jobs that are emerging and what jobs might develop in the future and consider how they can prepare to be successful in planning for their own career journey
- Lesson 8 - Business Opportunities (PDF, 308KB)
A workshop to explore how businesses identify new opportunities. Using a scenario about a new product, students work in small groups to develop their ideas
- Lesson 9 - Taking Risks (PDF, 330KB)
This workshop aims to get students to think about taking risks and the advantages/disadvantages of moving a business forward
- Lesson 10 - Travelling to Work is Easy (PDF, 298KB)
A session where students use a local map of North London / London to map journeys and journey times into Central London or The City of London
- Lesson 11 - Use the tools (PDF, 283KB)
A workshop around the importance of research when applying for jobs and courses
- Lesson 12 - Sell Yourself in Applications (PDF, 381KB)
A workshop that helps students to sell themselves at the application form stage and to make effective applications for jobs and courses
- Lesson 13 - Presenting Yourself in Person (PDF, 376KB)
A workshop focused on how to make an impression at Interview. Basic Do’s and Don’ts and an opportunity to role-play.
Higher Education Related PowerPoint Presentations
Further independent learning activities/ideas
- Biography File: students research the life story of a role model, put this into a PowerPoint or storyboard
- My Dream Wheel: students design a graphic, visual wheel to get them to think about where they want to be in 5 years’ time, then 10 years, and so on
- Famous Locals: students use the internet to research a famous or successful person, past or present who was born or lived in Haringey
- What’s Missing: students research a chosen career and use their CV to start identifying what skills and qualifications they will need in the future
- Develop your Idea: formalise a business idea into a business plan. Identify the risks involved, who your customers will be. Put together an action plan to help you with this
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.