Haringey Music Service is a centre for ABRSM, Trinity and Trinity Rock and Pop practical examinations. Music exams are held once a term.
Pupils can be entered for an exam through Haringey Music Service if they attend school or live in the borough. The exam form must be signed by the instrumental teacher to verify the exam. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an exam entry form.
Exams - Summer 2019
Important - please note: the deadline for entering exams has passed.
- ABRSM exams will be held on Monday 15, Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 July at George Meehan House, 294 High Road, Wood Green, N22 8YX
- Trinity exams will be held on Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 July at George Meehan House, 294 High Road, Wood Green, N22 8YX
Important Information for Pupils Taking Exams
- We will notify you of the exact time/day of your exam by post, at least two weeks before the exam.
- Unless you are taking a piano or guitar exam, you will require a piano accompanist. If requested, we can provide an accompanist for an additional £12, which will include a ten minute run-through before your exam. Additional rehearsals can be arranged through the Music Service.
- Photocopies are not allowed to be used in exams.
- If you are taking an ABRSM exam Grade 6+, you must have already passed your Grade 5 Theory.
ABRSM (external link) is the UK’s largest music education body, one of its largest music publisher and the world’s leading provider of music exams, offering assessments to more than 630,000 candidates in 93 countries every year. ABRSM’s mission is to inspire achievement in music. In partnership with the Royal Schools of Music, ABRSM supports high-quality music-making and learning around the world, offering pathways and resources for learners and teachers that help build musical skills, provide goals and encourage progress.
- More details about ABRSM’s Classical and Jazz exams and repertoire can be found here (external link)
Visit ABRSM’s App Centre (external link) to explore and download a fantastic range of mobile and tablet apps, including the Aural Trainer ® practice app, Piano Practice Partner, Violin Practice Partner, Scales Trainer and much more. These tools can be used to help students in preparation for their exams, particularly for the supporting tests of scales, sight-reading and aural tests.
Trinity College London Music Exams
Every year Trinity College London supports the music education of thousands of students with assessments across a wide spectrum including popular, jazz, contemporary and classical music. The candidate is at the heart of Trinity’s focus, offering insightful assessments for everyone, from beginners right up to diplomas for the most advanced candidates. All Trinity College London examiners are professional musicians, and they take special care to make candidates feel relaxed in the examination room, creating a positive environment for you to demonstrate your talents to your full potential.
Trinity Rock and Pop Exams
Trinity Rock and Pop exams offer the opportunity to play the music you love with a huge range of songs spanning all contemporary styles. Choose your set-list from the eight song in their graded books, play a song of your own choice, or even perform a song you have written yourself. Develop the improvisation and playback session skills that professional musicians need. Prove your technical skills in a real-life context through our technical focus songs and demonstrate your ability to deliver a compelling live performance. Achieve your goals with an accredited and internationally recognised exam. Trust the 140-year heritage Trinity brings to contemporary music, and benefit from being marked by industry experts.
Trinity Rock and Pop offers exams for bass, drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals, from Initial to Grade 8.