Haringey Music Education Hub
Haringey Music Education Hub (HMEH) is an alliance of schools, local authority music service, and local, regional and national partners.
Haringey Music Service is the lead partner of the Music Hub. The Hub Advisory Group undertakes ongoing needs analysis to gauge the breadth and depth of current music education across the borough, identifying excellent practice, gaps in provision and resourcing challenges.
The Haringey Music Forum contains a wider membership of musical organisations.
Our mission is to foster music-making and musical development for children and young people across the borough, removing barriers related to funding, opportunity and aspirations. Every young person should have the opportunity to discover their musical potential and develop it to its full potential. Engagement in music making with others will also aid social development, self-esteem and self-discipline.
We achieve this by closely working with schools and a variety of local delivery partner organisations, as well as involvement with regional and national partnership projects.
Our current areas of focus are summarised by the acronym MEEK:
- Marketing – improving our online presence and general dissemination of information to stakeholders
- Equality – striving to give equality of access to all children & young people
- Excellence – always endeavouring to aim for the highest possible standards of delivery and achievement
- Komposition – Composition-based projects with our own local twists
The following are links to external websites:
- Bernie Grant Arts Centre
- Creative Futures
- English Pocket Opera Company
- Everyone’s Climbing Tree
- Haringey Young Musicians
- Haringey Shed
- Jackson’s Lane Arts Centre
- The KAOS Organisation
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- New River Studios
- Pan Nation
- The North London Conservatoire
- Tomorrow’s Warriors
- Haringey Education Partnership
- Tottenham Grammar School Foundation
- Haringey Creates
- A New Direction
- Apollo Music Projects
- London Sinfonietta
- Mayor’s Music Fund
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Wigmore Hall Learning
For more information on our business plan contact email@example.com
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required