Haringey Music Education Hub
Haringey Music Education Hub (HMEH) is an alliance of schools, local authority music service, and local, regional and national partners. Haringey Music Service is the lead partner of the Music Hub. The Hub Steering Group undertakes ongoing needs analysis to gauge the breadth and depth of current music education across the borough, identifying excellent practice, gaps in provision and resourcing challenges.
The Mission of Haringey Music Education Hub is to foster music-making and musical development for children and young people across the borough, removing barriers related to funding, opportunity and aspirations. Every young person should have the opportunity to discover his or her musical potential and develop it to its full potential. Engagement in music making with others will also aid social development, self-esteem and self-discipline. This will be achieved by close working relationships between HMS, schools and the variety of local delivery partner organisations, as well as involvement with regional and national partnership projects.
Our current areas of focus, announced in January 2017, are summarised by the acronym MEEK:
- Marketing – improving our online presence and general dissemination of information to stakeholders
- Equality – striving to give equality of access to all children & young people
- Excellence – always endeavouring to aim for the highest possible standards of delivery and achievement
- Komposition – Composition-based projects with our own local twists
The following are links to external websites:
- For more information see our Business Plan 2017-2020 (PDF, 400KB)
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required