Haringey Fairer Education Fund
This year Haringey has launched the Fairer Education Fund, a new programme of support for young people applying to higher education. It sets out to make access to higher education fairer, as part of the council’s wider ambitions to create a more equal borough.
Whether it’s University that you’re contemplating, or business school, or creative college, or another kind of higher education, you can apply for support through Haringey’s Fairer Education Fund for courses beginning in autumn 2021.
If you haven’t thought about going on to university (or any other higher education course), or if you aren’t sure whether it’s affordable or you just aren’t sure quite what you’d like to do after school, we’d really encourage you to put your name down and see whether there are ways that we can support you.
Who can apply for the Fairer Education Fund?
- Any Haringey resident whose household has a combined income below £30,000 a year
- Anyone applying for a higher education course (including university, business school, creative or technical college) that starts in autumn 2021
- Anyone entering higher education for the first time
What support can be applied for from the Fairer Education Fund?
Course application fees and campus visits
The following costs will be reimbursed:
- UCAS application fee
- two university campus visits or open days (up to £50 per trip)
Bursary grants to support living costs
A limited number of bursary grants are available, but we do encourage all those who meet the eligibility criteria above to apply – as we may be able to signpost you to bursaries and grants from other institutions.
Bursary grant recipients will:
- receive a monthly payment to help cover living costs for the duration of their course.
- be offered a paid summer placement with a council department or partner organisation relevant to their chosen course (after the second year of their course).
Mentoring and support
We will offer you a mentor from summer 2021 to support you with the transition to higher education.
Formal applications to the Fairer Education Fund are now open. Please download the application form, complete and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 11pm on 10 November 2020.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required