Care to Learn
- Why should I learn?
- What can I get?
- What learning can I do?
- What kinds of childcare can I use?
- Further information
If you are a parent and are under 19 and going to be in learning or training, we can pay for your childcare.
You can claim up to £175 per child per week for childcare costs whilst you are attending school, college or another education provider.
To find out about Care to Learn, call Learner Support Helpline on 0800 121 8989.
Why should I learn?
Doing a course or training will help build a better future for you and your child(ren). It will also help you:
- develop new skills and greater confidence
- improve your chances of getting a job
- mix with other people and get out and about
- become more independent
- perhaps get new qualifications
What can I get?
If you are under 19 and are learning or training we can pay for your childcare and additional travel costs.
What learning can I do?
- courses in schools, sixth forms, sixth form colleges, other colleges and learning providers. There are a range of different things you could do and we will try to be flexible about how often you attend and the times of your course
- Entry to Employment courses include training in a range of different skills and opportunities that can be tailored to suit you
- Modern Apprenticeships and National Vocational Qualifications offering non-employed status training that will prepare you for work
- some work on your basic skills or some refresher courses.
What kinds of childcare can I use?
You can use any of the following:
- Pre-school playgroup
- Day nursery
- Out of school club
- Other registered childcare (such as college nursery or crèche)
Teenage Pregnancy Coordinator
River Park House,
225 High Road
Tel: 020 8489 5054
Useful external links
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required