If we are not able to offer your child a place at one of your preferred schools then they will be placed on a waiting list for the school.
It can take up to 15 school days to process an application, so your child will not appear on waiting lists immediately after you have submitted an application.
Important things to remember
- Waiting lists are ranked according to school admission arrangements, and often depend on how far you live from the school
- Waiting lists are not ranked based on how long your child has been waiting for a place
- Children can move both up and down the waiting list as other children apply, are offered places, or are removed from waiting lists etc
- Waiting list positions sometimes change on a daily or hourly basis. Do not be alarmed if your child's waiting list position is different at the start and end of the day - this can happen and is completely normal
Check your child's Waiting List position
- If you would like to add your child to waiting lists for any other Haringey schools then contact the Haringey School Admissions Service
- Most children are ranked on waiting lists according to how far they live from the school. You can find your distance to schools, and a list of your local schools
- If you would like to know more details about how schools rank children on their waiting lists, all the information is in the school admission arrangements
- If you have any other queries you can contact the Haringey School Admissions Service
- Find a list of Haringey schools on the Primary Schools and Secondary Schools pages
- All the information about how to apply for schools can be found in our Primary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 7MB) and Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
- Most Haringey schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs
Contact the Admissions Service
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required