14-19 Schools (UTCs and Studio Schools)
14-19 Schools - such as University Technical Colleges (UTCs) and Studio Schools - are state schools which admit children in year 10. They are a new educational concept offering different approaches to the curriculum.
The application process for these schools starts while your child is in year 9 and the closing date for most applications will be 31 October 2018, however you should check with each school what their individual admission arrangements are.
A list of all of these schools in and around London can be found here:
What are University Technical Colleges (UTCs)?
University Technical Colleges (UTCs) are set up by universities and business and specialise in one or two technical subjects. In years 10 and 11 they offer a similar GCSE curriculum to a typical secondary school, including English and Maths, as well as their specialist subject. You can find out more on the UTC Colleges website (external link).
What are Studio Schools?
Studio Schools are similar to UTCs in that they have employer involvement in the curriculum and focus on developing skills needed for employment, involving personal coaching and work experience. They have a similar curriculum to a typical secondary school.
How to apply
All the information about how to apply for schools can be found in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Read about the application process in the Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Read about UTCs and Studio Schools in the list of all 14-19 Schools in and around London
- Find your nearest schools using the GOV.UK find and compare schools (external link), and on the UTC Colleges website (external link).
- If you would like to apply for 14-19 schools outside Haringey you should contact these boroughs directly.
- Apply online at the eAdmissions website:
For more information about how to apply online, read our online application frequently asked questions page.
Alternatively you can call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
The closing date for most applications is 31 October 2018,
however you should check what each schools individual admission arrangements are.