Starting Secondary School in 2021
- Reply to your offer
- Why was I offered this school?
- Waiting lists
- Which schools still have spaces?
- How to apply
- More information
If you have already applied for a year 7 school place for September 2020, then you will have received your child's school offer by email. Please ensure that you check your junk and spam folders for your notification email.
You must reply to your offer now. You can reply online on the Haringey website:
Alternatively, you can reply in writing to the email address below.
This year over 93% of Haringey children were offered a place at one of their preferred schools, and over 67% were offered their most preferred school. Your offer email explains how your child was offered their school place.
- Information about how offers were made this year is published on our admissions statistics page
- Check your distance to local schools using our dedicated distance calculator.
- Information about how applications are processed generally can be found in our online Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
Harris Academy Tottenham
This year, due to COVID-19 and social distancing requirements, Harris Academy Tottenham were unable to hold their usual banding test.
Instead, the Department for Education (DfE) formally allowed the school to alter their determined admission arrangements, replacing the banding test with random allocation. This means that the school's determined admissions arrangements were replicated as closely as possible, while still maintaining the safety of children, staff, and families.
You can check your child's waiting list position online. Your child will automatically be placed on the waiting list for any Haringey schools listed higher on your application. Applications for any school listed lower on your application have been automatically withdrawn.
Being on a waiting list does not guarantee your child a place at the school, and their position on the list could go down as well as up. Find more information on our Waiting Lists page.
To add your child to any waiting lists, or to remove them, contact Haringey School Admissions at the email address below.
As at National Offer Day, due to the increasing popularity of schools in the borough no Haringey schools had any vacancies remaining. However there is limited availability at schools in neighbouring boroughs. Contact these boroughs directly for more information about which schools have vacancies:
- Barnet (external link)
- Camden (external link)
- Enfield (external link)
- Hackney (external link)
- Islington (external link)
- Waltham Forest (external link)
If you would like your child to be offered a place at any schools in neighbouring boroughs, contact Haringey School Admissions at the email address below.
If you have not yet applied for a school place and your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 you will need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2021.
- Read about secondary schools and how to apply in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Measure your distance to local schools using Haringey's Distance Calculator.
- Check past cut-off distances - consider which schools you are likely to be offered.
- Apply online:
Alternatively, you can email or call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
If you are applying for faith schools, don't forget to complete their Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs) as well and send them to the school before the application deadline.
Due to COVID-19 many faith schools are making alterations to their faith criteria. Visit school webpages to keep up to date on updates to their admissions criteria.
- Find out about how places were offered on our Admissions Statistics page.
- Find a list of Haringey secondary schools on the on the Secondary Schools page.
- All the information about how to apply for secondary school can be found in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
- Most Haringey secondary schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances.
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application.
- Applying online - Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion.
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs.
- Haringey School Admission Arrangements.
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required