Starting Secondary School in 2022
- How to respond to your offer
- Why was I offered this school?
- Waiting lists
- Which schools still have spaces?
- How to apply
- More information
If you have already applied for a reception school place for September 2022, then you will have received your child's school offer by email. Please ensure that you check your junk and spam folders for your notification email.
You can respond to your offer online:
Alternatively, you can respond in writing to the email address below.
This year over 92% of Haringey children were offered a place at one of their preferred schools, and over 70% were offered their most preferred school. Your offer email explains how your child was offered their school place.
- Information about how offers were made this year is published on our admissions statistics page
- Check your distance to local schools using our dedicated distance calculator.
- Information about how applications are processed generally can be found in our online Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
Your child will automatically be placed on the waiting list for any Haringey schools listed higher on your application. Applications for any school listed lower on your application have been automatically withdrawn.
Being on a waiting list does not guarantee your child a place at the school, and their position on the list could go down as well as up. Find more information on our Waiting lists page.
To add your child to any waiting lists, or to remove them, contact Haringey School Admissions at the email address below.
As at National Offer Day, due to the increasing popularity of schools in the borough no Haringey schools have any vacancies remaining. However there is limited availability at schools in neighbouring boroughs. Contact these boroughs directly for more information about which schools have vacancies:
- Barnet (external link)
- Camden (external link)
- Enfield (external link)
- Hackney (external link)
- Islington (external link)
- Waltham Forest (external link)
If you would like your child to be offered a place at any schools in neighbouring boroughs, contact Haringey School Admissions at the email address below.
If you live in Haringey and your child was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 you will need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2022.
- Read about secondary schools and how to apply in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Measure your distance to local schools using Haringey's Distance Calculator.
- Check past cut-off distances - consider which schools you are likely to be offered.
- Apply online:
Alternatively, you can email or call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
- If you are applying for faith schools, don't forget to complete their Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs) as well and send them to the school before the application deadline.
- Find out about how places were offered on our Admissions Statistics page
- Find a list of Haringey secondary schools on the Secondary Schools page
- All the information about how to apply for secondary school can be found in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementry Information Forms (SIFs)
- Haringey secondary schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application
- Applying online - Frequently Asked Questions
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs
- Haringey School Admission Arrangements
You must include your child's name and date of birth in all emails.
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required