Starting Secondary School in 2024
If you live in Haringey and your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 you will need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2024.
The deadline to apply for a secondary school place is 31 October 2023.
- Read about secondary schools and how to apply in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Measure your distance to local schools using Haringey's Distance Calculator.
- Check past cut-off distances - consider which schools you are likely to be offered.
- Attend a school open event or watch an online virtual tour.
- Attend an online 'How To Apply Talk' to get advice about applying for secondary schools.
- Apply online:
Alternatively, you can email or call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
- If you are applying for faith schools, don't forget to complete their Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs) as well and send them to the school before the application deadline.
We are running a series of online meetings to help parents and carers apply for secondary school places. Each talk will last approximately 30 minutes, and families can ask questions afterwards.
You can join the talks by clicking on the links below at the scheduled time of the meetings. Make sure you read the instructions on how to join before the talk begins.
- Click on the link to join the meeting.
- You should then be given an option to join via your browser or via the Microsoft Teams app.
- If you wish to access Teams via your browser, make sure to use a compatible browser such as Chrome or Edge.
- There should be an option to join as a guest.
- If you do not already have the app installed, you can download the Microsoft Teams app for free:
- If you have more time, you can also access Teams via either the app or desktop by creating an account and signing up free of charge.
- Make sure to arrange your Teams access on your chosen device before the talk starts.
- Find a list of Haringey secondary schools on the on the Secondary Schools page.
- All the information about how to apply for secondary school can be found in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
- Haringey secondary schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances.
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application.
- Applying online - Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion.
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs.
- Haringey School Admission Arrangements.
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.