Starting Secondary School in 2020
- How to respond
- Why was I offered this school?
- Which schools still have spaces?
- How to apply
- More information
If you have already applied for a secondary school place for September 2020, then you will have received your child's school offer by email.
You should respond to your secondary school offer now:
Alternatively, you can respond in writing to the email or postal addresses below.
This year over 94% of Haringey children were offered a place at one of their preferred schools, and over 73% were offered their most preferred school. Your offer email explains how your child was offered their school place.
- All the information about how offers were made this year is published on the admissions statistics page
- Information about how applications are processed can be found in our online Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
As at National Offer Day, due to the increasing popularity of schools in the borough no Haringey schools have any vacancies remaining. However there is limited availability at schools in neighbouring boroughs. Contact these boroughs directly for more information about which schools have vacancies available:
- Barnet (external link)
- Camden (external link)
- Enfield (external link)
- Hackney (external link)
- Islington (external link)
- Waltham Forest (external link)
If you would like your child to be offered a place at any schools in neighbouring boroughs, contact Haringey School Admissions at the email address below.
If you have not yet applied for a school place and your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 you will need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2020.
- Read about secondary schools and how to apply in our
- Measure your distance to local schools using Haringey's Distance Calculator
- Apply online:
Alternatively, you can email or call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
If you are applying for faith schools, don't forget to complete their Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs) as well and send them to the schools.
- Find a list of Haringey secondary schools on the on the Secondary Schools page.
- All the information about how to apply for secondary school can be found in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
- Haringey secondary schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances.
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application.
- Applying online - Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion.
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs.
- Haringey School Admission Arrangements.
School Admissions Team
River Park House
225 High Road
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required