Starting Secondary School in 2021
If you live in Haringey and your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 you will need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2021.
The deadline to apply for a secondary school place is 31 October 2020.
- Read about secondary schools and how to apply in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Measure your distance to local schools using Haringey's Distance Calculator.
- Check past cut-off distances - consider which schools you are likely to be offered.
- Attend a school open event or watch an online virtual tour.
- Attend a How To Apply Talk online to get advice about applying for secondary schools.
- Apply online:
Alternatively, you can email or call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
If you are applying for faith schools, don't forget to complete their Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs) as well and send them to the school before the application deadline.
Due to COVID-19 many faith schools are making alterations to their faith criteria. Visit school webpages to keep up to date on updates to their admissions criteria.
We are running a series of online meetings to help parents and carers apply for secondary school places. Each talk will last approximately 30 minutes, and families can ask questions afterwards.
You can join the talks by clicking on the links below at the scheduled time of the meetings. Make sure you download MS Teams before joining the talk, this will allow you to join the meeting for free.
*CHANGE OF DATE* Friday 16 Oct, 10am - join online (external link)
Teams live events - instructions
- Click on the link to join the meeting.
- You should then be given an option to join via your browser or via the Teams App.
- If you do not already have the App installed, you can download the Teams app via Google Play (external link) or the App Store (external link).
- If you wish to access Teams via your browser, make sure to use a modern browser such as Chrome or Edge.
- There should be an option to join as a guest.
- If you have more time, you can also access Microsoft Teams via either the app or desktop by creating an account and signing up free of charge.
- Make sure to arrange your Teams access on your chosen device before the event starts.
This year many schools that test for a child’s ability or aptitude have postponed their admission tests until later in the autumn term. Contact schools directly and check the school websites for updated test dates and further information on admission tests.
You must still submit your online application by the national closing date, 31 October 2020. You should also still register your child for tests by published deadlines.
If you receive the results of tests after the 31 October 2020, you may make changes to your school preferences to add or replace preferences for selective schools. This applies to selective schools outside Haringey, but does not apply to any Haringey schools.
Please ensure that you email Haringey School Admissions with any changes by 10 December 2020. Changes to preferences after this date will only be considered after places are offered on 1 March 2021. If you live outside Haringey, contact your local authority for their policy on making changes to school preferences.
- Find a list of Haringey secondary schools on the on the Secondary Schools page.
- All the information about how to apply for secondary school can be found in our Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
- Haringey secondary schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances.
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application.
- Applying online - Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion.
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs.
- Haringey School Admission Arrangements.
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required