Starting Primary School in 2021
If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 you will need to apply for a reception school place for September 2021.
The deadline to apply for a primary school place is 15 January 2021
- Read about schools and how to apply in the Primary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Measure your distance to local schools using Haringey's Distance Calculator.
- Check past cut-off distances - consider which schools you are likely to be offered.
- Apply online:
Alternatively, you can email or call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
If you would like to visit schools before making your application then you can contact schools directly to arrange a tour.
If you are applying for faith schools, don't forget to complete their Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs) as well and send them to the school before the application deadline.
Due to COVID-19 many faith schools are making alterations to their faith criteria. Visit school webpages to keep up to date on updates to their admissions criteria.
We are running a series of online meetings to help parents and carers apply for primary school places. Each talk will last approximately 30 minutes, and families can ask questions afterwards.
You can join the talks by clicking on the links below at the scheduled time of the meetings. Make sure you download MS Teams before joining the talk, this will allow you to join the meeting for free.
Teams live events - instructions
- Click on the link to join the meeting.
- You should then be given an option to join via your browser or via the Teams App.
- If you do not already have the App installed, you can download the Teams app via Google Play (external link) or the App Store (external link).
- If you wish to access Teams via your browser, make sure to use a modern browser such as Chrome or Edge.
- There should be an option to join as a guest.
- If you have more time, you can also access Microsoft Teams via either the app or desktop by creating an account and signing up free of charge.
- Make sure to arrange your Teams access on your chosen device before the event starts.
If you are considering delaying your child's admission to school, you must first apply for a school place in their correct chronological year group.
Read about Delayed Admission and Summer Born Children, to find out what options are available and what you need to do.
- Find a list of Haringey primary schools on the on the Primary Schools page.
- All the information about how to apply for primary school can be found in our Primary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
- Most Haringey schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application
- Applying online - Frequently Asked Questions
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs
- Haringey School Admission Arrangements
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required