Easter break fun! See the activities running in Haringey for children and young people during the Easter break.
Starting Primary School in 2023
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019 you will need to apply for a reception school place for September 2023.
The deadline to apply for a primary school place is 15 January 2023
How to apply
- Read about schools and how to apply in the Primary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Measure your distance to local schools using Haringey's Distance Calculator.
- Check past cut-off distances - consider which schools you are likely to be offered.
- Apply online:
Alternatively, you can email or call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
- If you would like to visit schools before making your application then you can contact schools directly to arrange a tour.
- If you are applying for faith schools, don't forget to complete their Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs) as well and send them to the school before the application deadline.
Advice on how to apply
We are running a series of online meetings to help parents and carers apply for primary school places. Each meeting will last approximately 30 minutes, and families can ask questions afterwards.
You can join online by clicking on the links below at the scheduled time of the meetings. Make sure you read the instructions on how to join before the talk begins.
Friday 11 November 2022, 9am - join online (external link)
Monday 14 November 2022, 3pm - join online (external link)
Tuesday 22 November 2022, 5pm - join online (external link)
Wednesday 30 November 2022, 1pm - join online (external link)
Wednesday 7 December 2022, 2pm - join online (external link)
Tuesday 13 December 2022, 12pm - join online (external link)
Monday 19 December 2022, 6pm - join online (external link)
Wednesday 28 December 2022, 11am - join online (external link)
Thursday 5 January 2023, 9pm - join online (external link)
Monday 9 January 2023, 11pm - join online (external link)
Friday 13 January 2023, 5pm - join online (external link)
Instructions on how to join the online meetings
- Click on the link to join the meeting
- You should then be given the option to join via your browser or via the Microsoft Teams app
- If you wish to access Teams via your browser, make sure to use a compatible browser such as Chrome or Edge
- There should be an option to join as a guest
- If you do not already have the app installed, you can download the Microsoft Teams app for free:
- If you have more time, you can also access Teams via either the app or desktop by creating an account and signing up free of charge
- Make sure to arrange your Teams access on your chosen device before the meeting starts
If you are considering delaying your child's admission to school, you must first apply for a school place in their correct chronological year group.
Read about Delayed Admission and Summer Born Children, to find out what options are available and what you need to do.
- Find a list of Haringey primary schools on our Primary Schools page
- All the information about how to apply for primary school can be found in our Primary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 6MB)
- Take a look at which schools also have Supplementary Information Forms (SIFs)
- Most Haringey schools do not have catchment areas. Find out about how Haringey measures distances
- How to report a possible Fraudulent School Application
- Applying online - Frequently Asked Questions
- How to apply under the Social and Medical Criterion
- How to apply if your child has Special Educational Needs
- Haringey School Admission Arrangements
Contact the Admissions Service
Tel: 020 8489 1000
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required